+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Support letter from parents

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
@MJSPARV hey, would you mind check this letter, what do you think about this? this is what I'm planning to get from my parents, and similar to this from her parents. and i will also attach phone/video call history. please let me know your ideas and Thank you for your help.

We are Sponsor's parents, we are writing this letter to give you brief explanation on why we couldn’t attend my son’s wedding and also supporting his relationship with our daughter in law.

We both hold visitor visa to Canada, and we really wanted to attend our son’s wedding, but during second half of 2021, covid situation in India was very bad, we were not fully vaccinated and also flights were banned from India to Canada for non residents. We had no idea, how long it would take to get rid of covid-19 from both countries, so we allowed our son and daughter in law to have their wedding in Canada, we witnessed their wedding through video call, gave them blessings. They both are also planning to visit us in India sometime next year, 2022 during Christmas break or earlier possible.

Also, we would like to mention that Agnya is very sweet girl, she often video calls us and sometime we also have group audio/video calls with my son and daughter-in law. She is very caring and we are so happy to have her in our family.
I'm not an expert, but I'm sure something like this is just fine. The only suggestion I have is for your parents and in laws to share any specifics in as much detail as possible. (For instance "We've really enjoyed getting to know our daughter in law and have really bonded over our shared interests in X and Y." or "Angya is always so attentive to details about our life and always remembers to ask about X." Etc etc etc... I make that suggestion because I wrote a letter of support for my friend's US PR application and while it's a different process (and the letter I wrote was actually a requirement for her application as opposed to something you're adding as additional support) everything I read about letters of support said be as specific as possible - i.e. don't say "they're a great couple and really devoted to each other" say "I've seen their devotion to each other in multiple situations. For example, in situation X,... And in situation Y,....)

Best wishes to you and your wife!

Reactions: ankur_113

ankur_113

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
I'm not an expert, but I'm sure something like this is just fine. The only suggestion I have is for your parents and in laws to share any specifics in as much detail as possible. (For instance "We've really enjoyed getting to know our daughter in law and have really bonded over our shared interests in X and Y." or "Angya is always so attentive to details about our life and always remembers to ask about X." Etc etc etc... I make that suggestion because I wrote a letter of support for my friend's US PR application and while it's a different process (and the letter I wrote was actually a requirement for her application as opposed to something you're adding as additional support) everything I read about letters of support said be as specific as possible - i.e. don't say "they're a great couple and really devoted to each other" say "I've seen their devotion to each other in multiple situations. For example, in situation X,... And in situation Y,....)

Best wishes to you and your wife!
Thank you very much

salviabu21

Nov 6, 2019
Hello Ankur,

Since your wife is on a study permit, wont she be eligible for PGWP? in that case post 1 year experience she can apply for PR of her own.
In case of sponsorship, you would have to put together lots of documentation to prove a genuine relationship.
I'm not aware what is your status in Canada (PR, Citizen, etc.)
in case you are one of the above she might even get points for those.

ankur_113

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Hello Ankur,

Since your wife is on a study permit, wont she be eligible for PGWP? in that case post 1 year experience she can apply for PR of her own.
In case of sponsorship, you would have to put together lots of documentation to prove a genuine relationship.
I'm not aware what is your status in Canada (PR, Citizen, etc.)
in case you are one of the above she might even get points for those.
Yes, I’m PR, and she will be eligible for PGWP, but it will take lot of time to get PR after one year of experience.l because she is still studying. Thats why I’m-choosing Sponsership application

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
it wasn't arrange marriage, we met online and got married after year, throughout we travelled 4 times to meet each other, yes we have plans to get married to do big ceremony in December, 2022 with all of our relatives. and TBH we got married here to start her sponsorship application, but its not like none knows about this. all our relatives, friends know about this, we had small ceremony but still I'm attaching photos with few relatives and attaching supporting proof showing our announcement from social media, yes our parents did not attend because they are in canada, but they all know about this, and we often call eachother's family.
[/QUOTE

Although not an arranged marriage you haven’t spent much time together and aren’t living together. Neither parents were in attendance and you’re having a large wedding in India in 2022 so it will be interesting to see how IRCC views the wedding because as you admit the ceremony was purely to start the sponsorship process. Due to covid IRCC may be more lenient.

Reactions: ankur_113