+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supply Chain Management or Project Management???

sameer123#

Jul 3, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I am Sameer from Ahmedabad, Gujarat. I am confused in couple of Postgraduate courses from Humber college. So, I need suggestions/advice from this forum. My details are as below -

Education -

Diploma in ECE - 58%
B.Tech in ECE - 60%

Work Experience - Around 2.4 years of experience in MULTIPLE DOMAINS i.e. Recruitments for 1.2 year and other 1.2 year as a Business Analyst in I.T company.

Here, is my confusion. As I have worked in 2 different domains, I am not sure which course to go for.

#Project Management - I don't know what kind of job opportunities will be there for me and most importantly in which field. To be honest, I don't want to be in I.T. A project manager should be well versed in Technical knowledge and I don't Technical base in I.T. So future seems bleak from this course.

#Supply Chain Management - This course seems lucrative and has very good scope. I'd like to go for this profile but again, will I get jobs in this field as a fresher because of my previous work experience.

Also, I have got 7 bands in IELTS and targeting January 2015 intake.

Any/Somebody please advice and help me, make my mind.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Sameer Kumar

lucifer_2510

May 27, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
Kolkata
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Medical Upfront
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
01-08-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
11-07-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
21-08-2014
With those titles search in workopolish and see for yourself :)

baljit singh

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go for supply chain mgmt.i am also planning for jan 15 intake.According to my info lots of jobs are for supply chain starting from junior to middle level.

csponline

Aug 12, 2010
chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....
cc charged on : 12-12-12
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
20-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013 (Official Landing)
First of all, this is my view about SCM @ Humber..

My x-roommates did SCM @ Humber in 2010-2011.

student 1 - somehow got his PR by doing odd jobs in Halifax and struggling to get back to his SCM based job..
student 2 - working in a restaurant (not sure where) - didn't get his PR yet
student 3 - got a job in the same background but on the verge of losing his job (I believe supply is more and demand is less in the job industry)
student 4 - worked in the same background and left the job as he didn't see any career upgrade.

There are local candidates competing for few positions and it's really hard to compete with them as International students..

again, I am just a guy who watched my roommates suffered!
I might be wrong or my friends were not good enough for the industry or they were not lucky at that time..

We can't simply blame one factor for this issue.. There are many other factors involved in their failure.

Luvsin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Punjab
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/14
Hi,
Even I have got an offer letter from Humber for SCM.
Some people are saying that SCM is in demand while others are denying the fact.

Just got confused here, is there anyone else going for same course at Humber, Jan 2015 intake?

xaviers

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
project management is an interesting field but believe me it is very very tough to break in. any degree/ diploma or certificate in PM is basically fo those whoa re already working in the field and just need a degree may be to upgrade their scale or just to give them an insight on project management benchmark practices worldwide. dnt go for this degree if you dnt have any professional experience in project management field.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Supply Chain Management has lot of jobs in certain cities, viz Cornwall in Ontario. St Lawrence College has recently started a Post Graduate program in Logistics and Supply Chain Management due to the local demand. All the students will be absorbed locally. The demand is so huge that these students have been offered part time job a and internships locally in the same field.

I am sure there will be more such locations for a wider choice for you in Canada. Please do some ground work and find out. If I come across more information, I will post here for you.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) is the principal source of training, education and professional development for supply chain management professionals in Canada. Please visit http://www.scmanational.ca/en/education-a-accreditation.

chirayu1895

Apr 1, 2019
can anyone please suggest me Masters in supply chain management in canada
Im done with post graduation in SCM from singapore.
Thanks
Hiii there bro, in which CLG u pursued for post graduation frm singpr. Also I completed bachelors bhane in engr. So in singpr is it okay if bachelors is frm another background?

Chetan Mehta

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Yamunanagar
Hiii there bro, in which CLG u pursued for post graduation frm singpr. Also I completed bachelors bhane in engr. So in singpr is it okay if bachelors is frm another background?
Well, i can't surely confirm that bcoz u need a consultant for that but it's quite easy as per there policies to get enrolled in any Singapore college. The real question is that is it really worth getting here for higher studies coz u neither get any job due to foreign quota's nor such degree help you settle down here.
Choose not to Choose bro...

chirayu1895

Apr 1, 2019
Well, i can't surely confirm that bcoz u need a consultant for that but it's quite easy as per there policies to get enrolled in any Singapore college. The real question is that is it really worth getting here for higher studies coz u neither get any job due to foreign quota's nor such degree help you settle down here.
Choose not to Choose bro...
Well thanks I will take care of it brooo✌

Reactions: Chetan Mehta

Chetan Mehta

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Yamunanagar
Supply Chain Management has lot of jobs in certain cities, viz Cornwall in Ontario. St Lawrence College has recently started a Post Graduate program in Logistics and Supply Chain Management due to the local demand. All the students will be absorbed locally. The demand is so huge that these students have been offered part time job a and internships locally in the same field.

I am sure there will be more such locations for a wider choice for you in Canada. Please do some ground work and find out. If I come across more information, I will post here for you.
Hi, Is Nova Scotia good place to do degree in Supply chain management and get employment after 2 years..
Thanks