+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisor's Name on Reference letter

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi,

I have received the reference letter from my employer on the company's letterhead. The document clearly mentions all the details but Supervisor's name or details are not mentioned. Will this be a problem?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi,

I have received the reference letter from my employer on the company's letterhead. The document clearly mentions all the details but Supervisor's name or details are not mentioned. Will this be a problem?

I don't think supervisor's name and details are a requirement for the letters.

IRCC states that letter need to have 'the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company',' Note the 'or personnel officer' (a.k.a. HR) portion. Essentially, they just want the name of someone to call to verify the letter if needed (although I understand that verification by calling these people is rare).

So as long as an authorized person signed your letter (someone from HR, or a supervisor's supervisor, or a department manager, or Company executive, or something like that), lack of a supervisor's details shouldn't be a problem.

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
I don't think supervisor's name and details are a requirement for the letters.

IRCC states that letter need to have 'the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company',' Note the 'or personnel officer' (a.k.a. HR) portion. Essentially, they just want the name of someone to call to verify the letter if needed (although I understand that verification by calling these people is rare).

So as long as an authorized person signed your letter (someone from HR, or a supervisor's supervisor, or a department manager, or Company executive, or something like that), lack of a supervisor's details shouldn't be a problem.
I have received the letter from the HR team and the organization's contact details are mentioned. No personal contact numbers or email IDs there. Will it be fine? It's the official number to contact the Head office.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I have received the letter from the HR team and the organization's contact details are mentioned. No personal contact numbers or email IDs there. Will it be fine? It's the official number to contact the Head office.
I think that should be fine. I specifically included an individual's contact details in my letter (I'm in HR, so I wrote and customized my own letter before asking a trusted HR manager to sign it for me), but we have other employees at my organization for whom we only included the organization's contact details and official number to contact the head office listed, and they have received PR...

Reactions: tarun1110