+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa..

A13

Aug 24, 2021
I have applied for supervisa for my parents they are in home country. But they still have valid visitor visa can they travel to canada while waiting for their supervisa application.
Pls advice

Ammy deep

Feb 12, 2022
Hii my parents applied super visa on 3rd of september 2021 and again on 11 november under new portal but no any response till now. Please let us know when will get visa

Shagun1997

Feb 15, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon
I want to know about supervisa.
My mother has supervisa which is going to expire on 26 April 2022.
We are planning to book ticket in first week of march.
My lawyer is saying that she will get entry for 2 years at airport although visa is expiring in April, if she has new passport with her. (Old passport is also expiring on 26 April 2022).
My mother has her new passport.

my question is
Is it true that she will get entry for 2 years, as her visa is expiring in April 2022..

please reply.
Thanks in advance.

indocanadian student

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am applying for the supervisa for my parents via IRCC portal. Can anyone please tell me if I am filling application for my father. do I have to completely submit his application before being able to apply for my mother?
thank you for the reply

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
Hi all,

Those who have applied and are getting positive progress on the supervisa application. I want to call my father for about 8-9 months and my mother for about 1 year on supervisa to stay with me in Canada.

both my parents are co-owners of our house back home.

my father has a job, mom does not. Father will take extended leave from his workplace.

i have bought a house here and I want them to come and celebrate the housewarming and stay for a while and travel around internally in Canada

I am not sure if this reason is enough for their visit?
And airlines don’t book flights a year in advance so I am unable to book return flight

XtraordFaVor

Star Member
Dec 10, 2012
My parents Supervisa is expiring Nov.2022
They are currently here in Canada since Feb 2021.

They want to go home in Dec. 2022 but that time the visa is expired,
Processing times is over 6mos from home country. they cannot come back right away.
I know that they have to be outside if need to renew visa,

My question is, can i apply online the renewal of their supervisa, and just say they are outside Canada.
This way they are still here while they waiting for the process, and if they need the passport for stamping. they can go home exit Canada
and come back if the visa was stamped to the passport?

AJSP

Aug 24, 2016
We have applied for super visa for my mother.
She got her biometrics done last week. We are yet to
receive a request for medical.
Is it possible or will it be helpful to expedite the application
process - if we get an upfront medical done now? I mean
after the application is submitted and under processing?
and if yes, how to submit the medical results.
Thank you.

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hi, My mom is currently in Canada with visitor visa and expires in Jan 2023. While she is in canada, can I process her super-visa from canada? Please advise.
Thank you in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents Supervisa is expiring Nov.2022
They are currently here in Canada since Feb 2021.

They want to go home in Dec. 2022 but that time the visa is expired,
Processing times is over 6mos from home country. they cannot come back right away.
I know that they have to be outside if need to renew visa,

My question is, can i apply online the renewal of their supervisa, and just say they are outside Canada.
This way they are still here while they waiting for the process, and if they need the passport for stamping. they can go home exit Canada
and come back if the visa was stamped to the passport?
If your parents arrived in Feb 2021 they can stay until Feb 2023 on a supervisa unless otherwise stated. When they return home in December 2022 they need to apply for a new supervisa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We have applied for super visa for my mother.
She got her biometrics done last week. We are yet to
receive a request for medical.
Is it possible or will it be helpful to expedite the application
process - if we get an upfront medical done now? I mean
after the application is submitted and under processing?
and if yes, how to submit the medical results.
Thank you.
She only had her biometrics done last week. The supervisa process usually take a few months. Technically you can do the medical but it won’t really speed up the process. The system is very overwhelmed so it takes a while for visas to get processed.

AKhanW

Star Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello all,
Can someone please assist us.

We apply in Sept 2019 for a super visa for my parents but still no response from immigration.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Shah.zeb

Feb 23, 2017
Hello all,
Can someone please assist us.

We apply in Sept 2019 for a super visa for my parents but still no response from immigration.

Any ideas or thoughts?
Hello. If you applied in Sep 2019 and still haven't heard back that is quite a delay. You should look at either ordering the GCMS notes or ask your local MP to request an update from IRCC. I had applied in May 2020 and then reapplied through the new portal in Mar 2022. So far have received the medical request.

NL75

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
I am applying for my Mother Super visa. Can any one help to share 'Purpose of Travel - Other' application which he submitted for Super Visa and got Visa? It will be a great help!

asc456

Nov 12, 2018
No she must be outside Canada to apply for a supervisa,
Hi,

Does it have to be outside Canada in the home country or can it be in the US when their supervisa is application is submitted? Also, in the new portal how do you make sure you are applying for Super Visa and not visitor visa when the option you can choose is "Visitor or Super Visa"?