Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
Hi all,

Please suggest if something could be done for the following case
1. Submited SV application for my father on 17th Oct. While my father was in India
2. My father travelling to Canada on 4th Nov. On his normal visitors visa
3. few days back got a request from IRCC asking to provide details on a) current residence of my father and b) where would he like to submit passport upon request
4. I replied saying current residence is canada and he will be submitting passport in ottawa if the request is received until 31march.
5. Now got a letter from IRCC saying that his application has been canceled since he needs to be outside Canada for applying for super visa.
Questions
1. Can I send them a web form explaining the situation that the application was submitted when he was in his home country
2. Would it have made a difference if I said that the passport will be submitted in India, but the point here was that my father plans to stay in Canada until 30th April so if he would have received the request in say 1 month then it would not have sufficient time to go back and submit his passport.
Thanks in advance
Supervisa is applicable only when the parent is outside Canada, saying this you applied when he was out of canada. Explain to them, there are people exceptional who were allowed to get passport stamped in canada for supervisa. But justification is needed.

anishgoel

Dec 6, 2017
Supervisa is applicable only when the parent is outside Canada, saying this you applied when he was out of canada. Explain to them, there are people exceptional who were allowed to get passport stamped in canada for supervisa. But justification is needed.
Thanks a lot.

Reactions: civiluv24

PRholder1988

Dec 1, 2020
Hello!

I applied for my mom's supervisa last year and it's still in the process. She has 9 years validity on her passport but only 4 years validity for biometrics because she came to canada as a visitor in 2016 and biometrics gets expired after 10 years.

I heard that usually visas are granted based on validity of passport but someone just mentioned biometrics can also be the the reason to grant shorter visas.

PRholder1988

Dec 1, 2020
Quick movement, lucky you...
Hello!

I applied for my mom's supervisa last year and it's still in the process. She has 9 years validity on her passport but only 4 years validity for biometrics because she came to canada as a visitor in 2016 and biometrics gets expired after 10 years.

I heard that usually visas are granted based on validity of passport but someone just mentioned biometrics can also be the the reason to grant shorter visas.

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with application to CIC
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
Hello!

They are purely granted until validity of passport. If biometrics expire she can give those again..

Reactions: PRholder1988

NavSran

Oct 22, 2020
Hello EVERYONE, Please REPLY, it is kind of very urgent
I have applied for my parents VISITOR VISA but it got refused. and now I am planning to apply for SUPERVISA on behalf of my brother, but he is living for INDIA in next 7 days. Do he need to be here while the supervisa is in progress?
Another scenario. me and my husband are also PR and planning to apply for my husband's parents SUPERVISA also, can i apply for my and his parents at the same time?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello EVERYONE, Please REPLY, it is kind of very urgent
I have applied for my parents VISITOR VISA but it got refused. and now I am planning to apply for SUPERVISA on behalf of my brother, but he is living for INDIA in next 7 days. Do he need to be here while the supervisa is in progress?
Another scenario. me and my husband are also PR and planning to apply for my husband's parents SUPERVISA also, can i apply for my and his parents at the same time?
Only one of you should apply for the super visa - either you or your brother. Both of you should not apply. Do both of you meet the income requirements to bring your parents to Canada on a super visa?

Assuming you both meet the requirements, you should apply to sponsor them if you want to submit the application now. Note that if you and your husband apply, then you must have enough combined income to cover yourselves and any children, as well as both sets of parents.

If you brother needs to apply, then wait until he is back in Canada to submit the application.

NavSran

Oct 22, 2020
Only one of you should apply for the super visa - either you or your brother. Both of you should not apply. Do both of you meet the income requirements to bring your parents to Canada on a super visa?

Assuming you both meet the requirements, you should apply to sponsor them if you want to submit the application now. Note that if you and your husband apply, then you must have enough combined income to cover yourselves and any children, as well as both sets of parents.

If you brother needs to apply, then wait until he is back in Canada to submit the application.
That means, I need to have 6 people income requirement (I have no Child).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

stonesipher66

Oct 15, 2021
Hi guys. i think i posted on this thread a while back. I applied for a supervisa for my mom and it got rejected for the second time now. I got the first rejection back in January and i re-applied a few days after that trying to answer the concern they raised for the rejection i.e., "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence."
When reapplying after receiving this rejection letter, I added an additional letter in which i basically said that if there is any other measure I can take besides a signed testament from myself and my mother stating that she would go back after the completion of her temporary stay, i was willing to do that as well. I got the rejection back today 3 months later, which had the exact same reason for rejection plus this additional point: "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit". I tried to adequately address the first reason when i re-applied and as for the second reason they shoved in now, the purpose of the visit was for her to be able to reunite with my older brother after more than 11 years. Can somebody guide me as to what step i should take now if i want to re-apply? These reasons are just frustrating cause every time someone applies they just copy and paste the same reason for a rejection without being specific. Any advice on how I should proceed with this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys. i think i posted on this thread a while back. I applied for a supervisa for my mom and it got rejected for the second time now. I got the first rejection back in January and i re-applied a few days after that trying to answer the concern they raised for the rejection i.e., "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence."
When reapplying after receiving this rejection letter, I added an additional letter in which i basically said that if there is any other measure I can take besides a signed testament from myself and my mother stating that she would go back after the completion of her temporary stay, i was willing to do that as well. I got the rejection back today 3 months later, which had the exact same reason for rejection plus this additional point: "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit". I tried to adequately address the first reason when i re-applied and as for the second reason they shoved in now, the purpose of the visit was for her to be able to reunite with my older brother after more than 11 years. Can somebody guide me as to what step i should take now if i want to re-apply? These reasons are just frustrating cause every time someone applies they just copy and paste the same reason for a rejection without being specific. Any advice on how I should proceed with this?
You and your brother applied for asylum so there are concerns that your mother will also apply for asylum if she comes to Canada as a visitor.

stonesipher66

Oct 15, 2021
You and your brother applied for asylum so there are concerns that your mother will also apply for asylum if she comes to Canada as a visitor.
yeah i already addressed that when applying and told them that she had no intention of applying for asylum. We tried to build a pretty strong case to explain why she wouldn't but i am pretty sure they didn't even read the entire application i submitted judging by their boilerplate response

NL75

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
I am applying for my Mother Super visa. Can any one help to share 'Purpose of Travel - Other' application which he submitted for Super Visa and got Visa? It will be a great help!