+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa within Canada

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
This forum has helped me a lot throughout this journey so here is my post to help in return.

Details:
  1. My father had a visitor visa that expires in Aug 10 2021
  2. I applied for Supervisa in Feb 2021 when he was in India, however, due to Biometrics suspension, the case basically went on hold.
  3. On July 18 2021, he reached Canada using his existing Visitor visa instead of waiting for Supervisa given IRCC had a huge backlog. He successfully landed in Canada with few days left for visitor visa expiry. Keep in mind, even if the Visa expires - the entry is granted for 6 months (unless otherwise told or stamped on passport) - Read
    1. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=442&top=16
    2. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1016&top=16
  4. July 29, 2021 - My father was able to complete biometrics within Canada at one of the Designated Service Canada offices
    1. Biometrics got updated on the portal the same day however it took 2 more days for it to update in the "Details about your application status" section.
  5. August 3, 2021 - We received a request for "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)"
    1. My father was able to complete his medicals with one of Panel Physician
  6. August 19, 2021 - Doctor's office confirmed the submission of medicals to IRCC
  7. August 20, 2021 - Using Webform, I explained and attached a cover letter explaining IRCC about submission of Biometrics/Medicals within Canada. I further explained about my father's US Travel history and how he should be granted Supervisa within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds
  8. August 30, 2021 - PPR: Passport Request and the same day we sent passport to CPC Ottawa
  9. Unfortunately, my father had a brain stroke and could not live to see his Supervisa
  10. September 15, 2021 - Passport received from CPC Ottawa with Supervisa PG-1 Counterfoil