Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Done
LANDED..........
September 29, 2015
Hi,

Please i need some advise on this
My mum came to canada on a visitor visa. Before 6 months we applied for extension of stay for 2 years, since she is eligible for super visa. She was given 2 years extension visitor record. Her visitor visa and passport will expire Dec 2019, but her 2-year stay permit expires Dec 2018. We want her to stay in Canada with us till dec 2019 to spend more time with our newborn, then she can go home before her visa expires in 2019. Can we apply for another extension for 1 year from inside canada? Do we need to do new medicals and does she have to show nee proof of financials and ties to home country?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My mum came to canada on a visitor visa. Before 6 months we applied for extension of stay for 2 years, since she is eligible for super visa. She was given 2 years extension visitor record.
A visitor record is NOT a super visa. It was only an extension to her visitor status. She has not applied for a super visa from within Canada.

IRCC was very generous in allowing her to stay for another two years on a TRV entry.

Her visitor visa and passport will expire Dec 2019, but her 2-year stay permit expires Dec 2018. We want her to stay in Canada with us till dec 2019 to spend more time with our newborn, then she can go home before her visa expires in 2019. Can we apply for another extension for 1 year from inside canada?
You can try but quite likely that she could be refused and/or she could be given a short extension that politely means "Go home'.

And, it would seem like your mom is violating the conditions attached to her TRV by working i.e. taking care of your baby is considered as working illegally.

Do we need to do new medicals and does she have to show nee proof of financials and ties to home country?
IRCC will let you know if medicals are required. As for strong ties to her home country, she has proved that she has none

Reactions: Buletruck

funkie4cristo

Mar 10, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Affidavit sent
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
07/04/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Applic.
Med's Request
23/06/2015
Med's Done....
24/06/2015
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Done
LANDED..........
September 29, 2015
Thank you for your response. However, just to ket you know, my mum is not working as a caregiver, i am on maternity leave and taking care of my baby myself, and of course she enjoys spending time with us. i wouldn't consider my mum wanting to spend more time with us and our child a violation of the terms of her stay.

Pilipinas16

Jan 30, 2019
Hi,

Please i need some advise on this
My mum came to canada on a visitor visa. Before 6 months we applied for extension of stay for 2 years, since she is eligible for super visa. She was given 2 years extension visitor record. Her visitor visa and passport will expire Dec 2019, but her 2-year stay permit expires Dec 2018. We want her to stay in Canada with us till dec 2019 to spend more time with our newborn, then she can go home before her visa expires in 2019. Can we apply for another extension for 1 year from inside canada? Do we need to do new medicals and does she have to show nee proof of financials and ties to home country?
You just have to provide recent letter of support then apply for extension. That’s what I did with my dad