+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa reentry from US with less than 1 year of medical insurance

spartanking49

Sep 19, 2017
Hello,
My parents came to Canada with 1 year of medical insurance from the date of arrival. After 3 months they are going to visit US for a month and coming back.
Will there be an issue at the border returning from the US as during this reentry there won't be a minimum of 1 year of medical insurance? itwill only be 8 month remaining.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
My parents came to Canada with 1 year of medical insurance from the date of arrival. After 3 months they are going to visit US for a month and coming back.
Will there be an issue at the border returning from the US as during this reentry there won't be a minimum of 1 year of medical insurance? itwill only be 8 month remaining.
Yes it could be an issue and they could be asked to show they have 1 year of supervisa insurance. You should be able to pay for extra months in order for them to have 1 year of insurance.

spartanking49

Sep 19, 2017
ya I have manulife policy which can be extended max 1 year. so they are saying since you have active one you cannot get another at the same time. You can cancel current one - get refund for remaining month and get another one for year.