+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa Questions

firewithin6667

May 15, 2017
Hi,

My wife and I would like her parents to visit Canada for 1 month for an upcoming event.

In the future, we would like them to visit for a year.

Do we apply for the supervisa or temporary visitor visa? The difference being the time limit. We want them to visit for up to a year in the future so the 10 year multi-entry visa is not ideal.

We know we meet the income requirement for supervisa, but we think that it may be difficult for them to get the TRV on their own. That is another factor.

I want to apply for the supervisa now, so that we don't have to apply again later. But they will not stay longer than 6 months during this visit due to work.

What's the best avenue for this issue? Thanks so much in advance for any advice.

kk1010

Apr 3, 2018
Hello All

I am preparing application for My parents for Supervisa.
3 years back their visitors visa was rejected. I was on Work permit back than. Now I am a PR.
I need a help for application form.

1. Do I need show employment history for my father ? He doesn't have a job. He just files the taxes on basis of what he earn from labour work from industry.
2. Do i really need to show his employment income ? Its a supervisa application. Can I just say he is retired ? And dependent on me and not include any employment history in file?

Thank you in advance.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi,

My wife and I would like her parents to visit Canada for 1 month for an upcoming event.

Do we apply for the supervisa or temporary visitor visa? The difference being the time limit. We want them to visit for up to a year in the future so the 10 year multi-entry visa is not ideal.

We know we meet the income requirement for supervisa, but we think that it may be difficult for them to get the TRV on their own. That is another factor.

I want to apply for the supervisa now, so that we don't have to apply again later. But they will not stay longer than 6 months during this visit due to work.

What's the best avenue for this issue? Thanks so much in advance for any advice.
It is your call. You already stated the Pros and Cons. You just need to make a decision.
Select the option where you think is the best way your wife's parents can be granted a visa to visit you and your family

Reactions: firewithin6667

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hello All

I am preparing application for My parents for Supervisa.
3 years back their visitors visa was rejected. I was on Work permit back than. Now I am a PR.
I need a help for application form.

1. Do I need show employment history for my father ? He doesn't have a job. He just files the taxes on basis of what he earn from labour work from industry.
2. Do i really need to show his employment income ? Its a supervisa application. Can I just say he is retired ? And dependent on me and not include any employment history in file?

Thank you in advance.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi,

go with supervisa, my opinion there is less risk with refusal vs trv as you will have to provide medical, upfront insurance and also show you meet income requirements. So some of the burden is taken off them and put on yourself.

firewithin6667

May 15, 2017
go with supervisa, my opinion there is less risk with refusal vs trv as you will have to provide medical, upfront insurance and also show you meet income requirements. So some of the burden is taken off them and put on yourself.
This was also our thinking. Thank you for your input!

firewithin6667

May 15, 2017
Hi,

After reading more, I don't understand why we can't use a Supervisa for less than a 6 month stay (According to the website less than 6 months is a TRV). According to the website, less than 6 months means that parents should get a TRV.

My problem is that, without us, I don't think the parents would get a TRV because of their income and the fact that they'd have to apply separably (Mother doesn't have a business or enough income) .

My spouse and I meet the income requirement, but we only want them to stay for a short period of time in which we're happy to help them.

Why can they be approved for over a 6 month stay with a supervisa, but not a 1 month? It's strange to me. I don't understand how the system is supposed to work in this instance.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi,

After reading more, I don't understand why we can't use a Supervisa for less than a 6 month stay (According to the website less than 6 months is a TRV). According to the website, less than 6 months means that parents should get a TRV.

My problem is that, without us, I don't think the parents would get a TRV because of their income and the fact that they'd have to apply separably (Mother doesn't have a business or enough income) .

My spouse and I meet the income requirement, but we only want them to stay for a short period of time in which we're happy to help them.

Why can they be approved for over a 6 month stay with a supervisa, but not a 1 month? It's strange to me. I don't understand how the system is supposed to work in this instance.
You can apply for longer, it doesn't mean people have to stay longer. Plans change. My father in law left after five months because he didn't like the cold.
So your parents can apply for 8 months and leave after 1 if they didn't like it. There is no compulsion to stay.

firewithin6667

May 15, 2017
You can apply for longer, it doesn't mean people have to stay longer. Plans change. My father in law left after five months because he didn't like the cold.
So your parents can apply for 8 months and leave after 1 if they didn't like it. There is no compulsion to stay.
Thank you for your reply. The thing is I'm not sure how to explain 8 months absence from their home country since they do have businesses and such to run. Am I overthinking this? I mostly don't want to misrepresent the application, we simply just want my spouse's parents to visit for a short period of time without getting into trouble.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Thank you for your reply. The thing is I'm not sure how to explain 8 months absence from their home country since they do have businesses and such to run. Am I overthinking this? I mostly don't want to misrepresent the application, we simply just want my spouse's parents to visit for a short period of time without getting into trouble.
I think you are...…...its pretty hard to show ties to home country when asking for 2 year entry as it is. But people get approved for that duration all the time.

But if they have such businesses and ties they could not leave for long periods why do you feel they will be denied a regular trv?

You could get the help of a trusted consultant in your area...….they would probably charge around $2-300 for application.

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Hi All,
How can we prepare Internary for 6 months or 7 months for Super Visa? I am also applying for my parents' Super visa.
Thank you in advance.

firewithin6667

May 15, 2017
I think you are...…...its pretty hard to show ties to home country when asking for 2 year entry as it is. But people get approved for that duration all the time.

But if they have such businesses and ties they could not leave for long periods why do you feel they will be denied a regular trv?

You could get the help of a trusted consultant in your area...….they would probably charge around $2-300 for application.
It's mostly because I thought that the father and mother would be separate. I see now that there is a family application to my understanding. Now I think they can get the TRV. The mother on her own probably could not.