+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa PPR submission country

AtulxGupta

Dec 31, 2022
Hi there,

I applied for my mother's Super Visa from India in December, and thankfully, we received the PPR today. The letter states:
Passports must be submitted to a visa application center outside Canada for the insertion of a visitor visa.
My mother returned to Canada earlier this year. Now, we are wondering if she must go back to India to submit the passport, or can she get her passport stamped in the USA? I don’t see any information regarding this on the IRCC's website, specifically whether it's necessary to submit the passport in your home country where you applied from.

I called IRCC, and they did not give me a straight answer. They repeatedly told me that it is for me to decide. All they can say is that the passport needs to be submitted outside Canada.

Has anyone tried this, or are you aware whether this is a possibility?

TL;DR: Received PPR for my mother's Super Visa applied from India; unsure if she can submit her passport in the USA instead of returning to India for visa stamping. IRCC's guidance was unclear. Seeking advice or experiences on this matter.

Thank you so much!

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
If she have USA visa, yes she can submit in USA.
You will need VFS appointment, valid passport, and PPR letter.
Please note Canada visa stamping can take upto 2-3 weeks in USA.

Sindusara

Mar 27, 2021
Hi there,

I applied for my mother's Super Visa from India in December, and thankfully, we received the PPR today. The letter states:

My mother returned to Canada earlier this year. Now, we are wondering if she must go back to India to submit the passport, or can she get her passport stamped in the USA? I don’t see any information regarding this on the IRCC's website, specifically whether it's necessary to submit the passport in your home country where you applied from.

I called IRCC, and they did not give me a straight answer. They repeatedly told me that it is for me to decide. All they can say is that the passport needs to be submitted outside Canada.

Has anyone tried this, or are you aware whether this is a possibility?

TL;DR: Received PPR for my mother's Super Visa applied from India; unsure if she can submit her passport in the USA instead of returning to India for visa stamping. IRCC's guidance was unclear. Seeking advice or experiences on this matter.

Thank you so much!
Did you got the stamping done ?

AtulxGupta

Dec 31, 2022
Yes. We sent the passport in Canada just to try a luck with all the supporting documents. They sent it baclk and asked to get it done anywhere outside Canada. I raised a webform and they confirmed that I can submit my passport in New York, got confirmation in writing, so it would have definitely worked. However, due to some personal reasons, my mother has to go to India, and will get the stampin done from there.