+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa passport questions

abulcanada

Jul 30, 2012
Im applying to visit my son. My passport is going to expire in 3 months. I cannot renew now as it has visa to another country on it and i am going in few days.

CAN I APPLY FOR CANADA SUPERVISA USING MY CURRENT PASSPORT AND RENEW IT IN THE MEAN TIME WHILE THEY ARE PROCESSING SAY AFTER A MOTH (WAITING TIME IS 3 MONTHS) AND SEND THE RENEWED ONE TO HAVE THE SUPERVISA ON LATER?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but my input would be that you should apply with a renewed passport to avoid any complications, after all what’s waiting another month to apply

abulcanada

Jul 30, 2012
Others can comment as well but my input would be that you should apply with a renewed passport to avoid any complications, after all what’s waiting another month to apply
Thanks. I need to be there CA before April and the waiting

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Im applying to visit my son. My passport is going to expire in 3 months. I cannot renew now as it has visa to another country on it and i am going in few days.

CAN I APPLY FOR CANADA SUPERVISA USING MY CURRENT PASSPORT AND RENEW IT IN THE MEAN TIME WHILE THEY ARE PROCESSING SAY AFTER A MOTH (WAITING TIME IS 3 MONTHS) AND SEND THE RENEWED ONE TO HAVE THE SUPERVISA ON LATER?
Processing times published on the IRCC website are only estimates. Actual processing may/may not take three months.

If you apply with your current passport that will expire shortly, you can expect a very short validity TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) instead of a super visa or even a refusal (despite fulfilling all the requirements for a super visa).

As the others have suggested, it would be best if you renew your passport first before applying for a super visa. You could also apply online so that your passport remains with you for any interim travel until a decision is made