+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa or visit visa for parents amid covid

Elphen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
I'm a PR holder and would like to apply for my mother to visit in June-July, on the pretext that my wife will be having a baby (and is a full time student) and we would need some extra care-giving help around the house. Do you think this would be a sound reason for an application to bring parents over given the situation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm a PR holder and would like to apply for my mother to visit in June-July, on the pretext that my wife will be having a baby (and is a full time student) and we would need some extra care-giving help around the house. Do you think this would be a sound reason for an application to bring parents over given the situation?
Generally speaking, you don't want to state this as a reason for having your parents visit since IRCC can sometimes classify this as working without authorization. You generally want to avoid saying that your parents will be helping to take care of your children or helping around the house. Their reasons for visiting should be based on tourism and wanting to visit family. So it's fine to say that your wife is having a baby and your parents want to spend time with that new baby. Do not say your wife is having a baby, is a full time student and needs your parents there to help take care of the baby.

Reactions: YVR123

Elphen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Generally speaking, you don't want to state this as a reason for having your parents visit since IRCC can sometimes classify this as working without authorization. You generally want to avoid saying that your parents will be helping to take care of your children or helping around the house. Their reasons for visiting should be based on tourism and wanting to visit family. So it's fine to say that your wife is having a baby and your parents want to spend time with that new baby. Do not say your wife is having a baby, is a full time student and needs your parents there to help take care of the baby.
Thanks a lot for the helpful response Scylla. Would you then say that applying for this purpose during Covid-19 is probably not a good idea? Really appreciate your help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot for the helpful response Scylla. Would you then say that applying for this purpose during Covid-19 is probably not a good idea? Really appreciate your help
Your wife isn’t a PR her mother would not qualify for a supervisa. If you have earbed enough income in Canada your mother will be able to apply.