Toronto
Visa Office......
CHC Ottawa
IELTS Request
7 (L=8.5, R=8, S=6, W=6)
Med's Done....
12-09-2014
Hello,

I have received medical surveillance undertaking form for my mother’s super-visa. She was detected with inactive TB in her medical examination.

Question: Medical surveillance states that she will required to visit public physician in Canada and undergo few tests, if needed.
1. Has anyone gone through similar process before ?
2. What is the approx. cost of all the medical surveillance related doctor visits and tests (if needed) ? asking because she will not be covered under provincial health plan and it might be out of pocket expenses.

Thank you

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,

I have received medical surveillance undertaking form for my mother’s super-visa. She was detected with inactive TB in her medical examination.

Question: Medical surveillance states that she will required to visit public physician in Canada and undergo few tests, if needed.
2. What is the approx. cost of all the medical surveillance related doctor visits and tests (if needed) ? asking because she will not be covered under provincial health plan and it might be out of pocket expenses.

Thank you
She will be asked to do xray, sputum, blood works and skin test. She needs to undergo treatment according to these results. It is covered by province, she have to take a tablet daily. Which province?

rj__sandhu92

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
CHC Ottawa
IELTS Request
7 (L=8.5, R=8, S=6, W=6)
Med's Done....
12-09-2014
She will be asked to do xray, sputum, blood works and skin test. She needs to undergo treatment according to these results. It is covered by province, she have to take a tablet daily. Which province?
She will be arriving in Alberta province.
yes, I understand that TB treatment is free of charge in all provinces.
However, she does not have active TB and it is just inactive TB, because she had TB 8 years ago.
Are the diagnosis tests in medical surveillance covered by provinces too for supervisa holders ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
However, she does not have active TB and it is just inactive TB, because she had TB 8 years ago.
Are the diagnosis tests in medical surveillance covered by provinces too for supervisa holders ?
No they are unlikely to be covered because it isn’t covered under supervisa insurance. Would contact Alberta public health to ask about any potential costs. If it is just a chest x-ray it won’t be very expensive.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Contact provincial medical panel. You can email at for further queries:
IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

vkb2207

Dec 16, 2022
Hello All,

We received surveillance form along with Supervisa for my father. Problem is the landing address in the form is incorrectly mentioned our address in India not in Canada. Can you please suggest that whether we need to carry that form with us when we will leave india or office would have it handy?

Is there a way that the form can get corrected?

Thank you!

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hello All,

We received surveillance form along with Supervisa for my father. Problem is the landing address in the form is incorrectly mentioned our address in India not in Canada. Can you please suggest that whether we need to carry that form with us when we will leave india or office would have it handy?

Is there a way that the form can get corrected?

Thank you!
Hello, my mother is in similar situation. However, in her medical tests there were no traces of TB, and her sputum test was clear. She will travel soon in summer. Can you please let me know what actions did you take?

Last edited:

nishant_singh2992

Dec 12, 2023
Hello,

Thank you
Hello,
I am in same situation, could you please help me out if you completed the medical surveillance for your mother?
how did it go?
What all tests they performed ?
Cost?

please help

Apr 13, 2019
I am in the same situation regarding my mother who would be arriving on supervisa. Could you please guide what procedure you guys had to go through