Yes
Nomination.....
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
15-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
Hello,

My dad applied for Supervisa back in Feb 2022 with my mom. They submitted medical and biometrics in advance. My mom got her Supervisa approved in June 2022, but my dad application had no update.

So I requested for GCMS notes 2 months ago and it arrived yesterday. Under Medical 1 it says:

IME Status Reason: Not granted
M Profile: 5
S:1
Description: Has a condition which might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services to such an extent that the applicant is inadmissible under Section 38(1)(c)

Under APPLICATION
--- App status reason: In Progress
Under ASSESSMENT
--- Medical: Ready to be Assessed
Under ELIGIBILITY
--- IEC: 0

A little bit background about my dad's health - he has blood cancer since 2007 and the platelets cell and lympocytes count fluctuates a lot and sometimes it becomes stable as well. But he was never critical that he had to be hospitalized or perform blood transfusion. He also has an enlarged spleen. Other than that no Diabetes/Cholesterol or any infectious health conditions.

Did anyone else had the same medical profile code? Will IRCC be requesting additional medical or the application is rejected?

sahilk

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
15-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
Still no update.

Anyone knows if they will request 2nd medical or should he apply for visitor visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Still no update.

Anyone knows if they will request 2nd medical or should he apply for visitor visa?
He will still be required to pass the medical for a TRV so you should wait. Your father’s medical is being assessed for cost, prognosis of this type of cancer, whether more tests are needed, etc. unfortunately you’ll just have to wait. He must be on some form of treatment. Did he bring a letter from his doctor about his condition, treatment and prognosis? If not I would try to get a letter with that information and submit it via webform. If you get a PFL I would hire a lawyer who has experience fughting PFL for excessive medical demands.

sahilk

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
15-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
He will still be required to pass the medical for a TRV so you should wait. Your father’s medical is being assessed for cost, prognosis of this type of cancer, whether more tests are needed, etc. unfortunately you’ll just have to wait. He must be on some form of treatment. Did he bring a letter from his doctor about his condition, treatment and prognosis? If not I would try to get a letter with that information and submit it via webform. If you get a PFL I would hire a lawyer who has experience fughting PFL for excessive medical demands.
You are right. My dad got PFL on Dec 19. He also disclosed his complete medical history during medicals (reports and everything) which may have caused the delay for the officer to review them (I was not aware that he had disclosed everything)

He has Chronic Leukemia since 2007 and he was taking Ibrutinib from July 2021 to March 2022. The capsules in Canada cost $275 per day and that's why the medical officer believes it will cause excessive demand on social services. In India the same capsules cost around 9500 INR for 30 capsules. The cost in the PFL can be justified with the invoices.

The visitor visa has been cancelled now because of the pending medical review.

He stopped taking the ibrutinib capsules last March 2022 due to heavy side effects and went on Naturopathy treatment. He has a letter from the doctor that he's not taking the capsules anymore and got a review of current lab report from the doctor. He also got a letter from the Naturopathy doctor. The blood reports have much improved now, as before.

We have decided to just respond to the medical officer what we have and explain everything, instead of hiring a lawyer and fight for the visa. My dad is really tired that it has taken so long for them to respond and just don't want to go with this anymore longer. He's okay if the Supervisa is rejected, he can atleast get Visitor Visa. He just wants a final result.

They only applied for Supervisa so they could spend more time with their first grandson, only to end up with missing out so many events and cheerful memories, including his 1st birthday last week. They are really sad and disappointed and we hope that the officer will understand the situation.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are right. My dad got PFL on Dec 19. He also disclosed his complete medical history during medicals (reports and everything) which may have caused the delay for the officer to review them (I was not aware that he had disclosed everything)

He has Chronic Leukemia since 2007 and he was taking Ibrutinib from July 2021 to March 2022. The capsules in Canada cost $275 per day and that's why the medical officer believes it will cause excessive demand on social services. In India the same capsules cost around 9500 INR for 30 capsules. The cost in the PFL can be justified with the invoices.

The visitor visa has been cancelled now because of the pending medical review.

He stopped taking the ibrutinib capsules last March 2022 due to heavy side effects and went on Naturopathy treatment. He has a letter from the doctor that he's not taking the capsules anymore and got a review of current lab report from the doctor. He also got a letter from the Naturopathy doctor. The blood reports have much improved now, as before.

We have decided to just respond to the medical officer what we have and explain everything, instead of hiring a lawyer and fight for the visa. My dad is really tired that it has taken so long for them to respond and just don't want to go with this anymore longer. He's okay if the Supervisa is rejected, he can atleast get Visitor Visa. He just wants a final result.

They only applied for Supervisa so they could spend more time with their first grandson, only to end up with missing out so many events and cheerful memories, including his 1st birthday last week. They are really sad and disappointed and we hope that the officer will understand the situation.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Unfortunately a TRV is not guaranteed.

zagi

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Faisalabad
Visa Office......
ISL & LVO
App. Filed.......
09 August 2013
Doc's Request.
Never
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
to Islamabad Sep 2013 & to LVO "" and E-case status changed into "in process" on 23 April2014
Med's Request
from LVO 29 April 2014
Med's Done....
12 May 2014 & Medical received 20 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 12 June 2014 & PPR2 03 JULY 2014 Decision made on July 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
15 July 2014
LANDED..........
4 Nov 2014
Reactions: sahilk

sahilk

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
15-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
No update after Medical passed. Any idea how long does it takes after medical passed?

sahilk

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
15-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
Hello,

Received an update from Delhi Immigration.

This refers to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada. Additional documentation or information is required in order to continue processing your application. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation in addition to a photocopy of the original document. Do not submit originals unless specifically asked to do so.

95880000 - XXXXXX: > Client Information: Receipt of information "updated proof of funds/low income cut off and also the medical" This must be received at this office by: 2023/11/24
The medical was already passed on May 17, 2023 and is valid upto March 24, 2024. Does my father need to redo the medical?

Last edited:

sahilk

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
15-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
Shouldn’t require another medical but I’m not IRCC.
OK.

Called and clarified "IRCC". Its the Supervisa insurance they are asking for.

Reactions: canuck78