+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa Medical Insurance & sponsor's liability

teaquad

Jan 8, 2021
Hi, we are looking to apply for supervisa for my wifes parents but are confused about medical coverage & had a few questions.

what type of coverage do we seek? who do we approach? are existing conditions like diabetes covered? what is an approximate cost? & finally, are sponsors held liable for any un-paid medical expenses that is not covered by insurance?
Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, we are looking to apply for supervisa for my wifes parents but are confused about medical coverage & had a few questions.

what type of coverage do we seek? who do we approach? are existing conditions like diabetes covered? what is an approximate cost? & finally, are sponsors held liable for any un-paid medical expenses that is not covered by insurance?
Thank you!
The short answer is that it depends on the policy and how much you are willing to pay for coverage. Generally speaking, there is a limit on how much an insurance policy will cover for an emergency relating to a pre-exisiting condition. Also, generally speaking, these insurance policies only cover emergencies and do not provide any coverage for non-emergency care (this would include seeing doctors for check ups, any medication or tests, any treatment for the diabetes, etc.). For non-emergency care, you typically have to pay for the treatment or the service up front in order to get it. Treatment like dialysis will not be covered and is extremely expensive in Canada.

If you're not sure of your options, I would contact an insurance broker who can explore policies with different companies for you and explain what's covered, what's not, deductibles, etc.