+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa Medical after Passport request?

Socho

Aug 3, 2020
Hello,

A week ago my parent and I received a request for passport for our super visa application. We have mailed the passport out to the VAC in New York.
Today we received a Medical request. Part of the medical requires the applicant to bring proof of national identity (e.g. Passport). Anyone have any similar experience? We're applying from the USA so there technically is no other "national identity" document besides the state drivers license. How can we bring our passport as proof when they have it in their possession? :oops:

It looks like on the CIC Website, the status also changed from "Final Decision: Your application has been approved" back to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made." So weird!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

A week ago my parent and I received a request for passport for our super visa application. We have mailed the passport out to the VAC in New York.
Today we received a Medical request. Part of the medical requires the applicant to bring proof of national identity (e.g. Passport). Anyone have any similar experience? We're applying from the USA so there technically is no other "national identity" document besides the state drivers license. How can we bring our passport as proof when they have it in their possession? :oops:

It looks like on the CIC Website, the status also changed from "Final Decision: Your application has been approved" back to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made." So weird!
Someone made a mistake unless your parents have done a medical for other reasons in the past year.

Socho

Aug 3, 2020
It's been a total nightmare, I'm not gonna lie lol. It was one mistake after another, none of which was our fault. In this specific scenario, they returned the passport to us with an email stating that it was a mistake that they requested the passport as they do not put a counterfoil in visa-exempt passports. I should note that we only got our supervisa approved May of 2022, this is almost two years after applying.