Thought to share my experience. Applied for Supervisa around the end of June 2026 using the New IRCC portal. Got refused about 3 weeks later, in mid-July, later stating that the whole application is refused because there was one document that wasn't translated to English/French (that was my mother's birth certificate, which as turned out later isn't asked for as a mandatory document to include in the Old IRCC portal application) and hence that because of that there was not enough evidence to verify the parent-child relationship. At the time, my mother didn't manage yet to get to do biometrics (although we paid for them as part of the application), and the medical appointment didn't even come up.
Apparently, once you get refused, you can't use the same New IRCC portal to reapply. But the good news is that you can ask to get the biometrics fee refunded.
I didn't wait long as the medical appointment was still scheduled (and it's tough to get one where I'm from) and I went ahead - translated both my birth certificate (it was already translated, but I figured that a foreign translation, even though it's legalized might not be what IRCC wants here) and my mother's (just in case) with the help of ATIO translators. That's not cheap, but you can do all translations online and get them back online, and it saves you from doing legalizations, apostillations. In my case all birth certificates were already apostilled in their countries of origin. Second thing I did - I added a folder in my iCloud Photos with pictures of me and my mother together, as that also acts as a proof of relationship. Rest of the package remained the same as in the first application.
So, we went ahead and applied again using the Old IRCC portal and below is our timeline:
1) Application sent: July 24, 2026
2) Biometrics done: July 27, 2026 - I believe the request to do them came on July 25 or 26, without the Biometrics Letter you wouldn't be able to do them at VFS
3) Medicals done: July 27, 2026 - we did them same day, since we had the appointment booked from back in June and we wanted to speed things up. In our case the medicals are done in the same VFS building. We didn't have a letter inviting my mother to do the medicals yet, but I knew from the Express Entry experience that you don't need an invite do them in eMedical system. The only downside is that the Medicals letter came on July 28 and for a long time no one seemed to connect the dots - apparently because we got no Canadian embassy in our country and in such case when you need to share any documents via Webform you need to address it to the Canadian IRCC office, not the office that is in the neighboring country that would actually end up receiving your passport for visa stamping.
4) Medicals approved: August 31, 2026
5) Final decision: September 14, 2026 - that's the invite to submit passport to VFS
6) Passport submitted to VFS: September 15, 2026
7) Eligibility approved (update on the IRCC portal) + Information Letter (the one you need to carry with the visa to enter Canada) issued: September 23, 2026
8) Passport returning from the embassy: September 24, 2026
The application was in one of the Eastern European countries, where there are likely very few or almost no visa applications for Canada. There's not even a Canadian embassy in the country.
But I must mention here that I treated this application same as a PR application and the package of documents was same level robust - everything ended up being apostilled and all translations were from ATIO translators. My mother even had a Police Clearing Certificate in English and apostilled and flight tickets as part of her application, even though that wasn't mentioned as requested as part of the documents package.