+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa insurance for the stuck application

manharnarang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
I applied for parents’ supervisa in 2020. Biometrics and health checkup was completed but the file is not moving. I got to know that I have to apply on new portal.

Now my question: I paid ~$3500 for insurance and they are stuck with the application. I want to reapply on new portal but don’t want to use the current upfront insurance (want to cancel it and get a new one where payments are monthly). If I cancel the insurance, does that info get sent to CIC and could result in denial of visa (in case all the documentation gets carried over to new portal) or in any case I have to provide new documentation on new portal?

Will really appreciate your inputs.

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
I applied for parents’ supervisa in 2020. Biometrics and health checkup was completed but the file is not moving. I got to know that I have to apply on new portal.

Now my question: I paid ~$3500 for insurance and they are stuck with the application. I want to reapply on new portal but don’t want to use the current upfront insurance (want to cancel it and get a new one where payments are monthly). If I cancel the insurance, does that info get sent to CIC and could result in denial of visa (in case all the documentation gets carried over to new portal) or in any case I have to provide new documentation on new portal?

Will really appreciate your inputs.
ask the insurance agent to change the date on your parents’ insurance

manharnarang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
ask the insurance agent to change the date on your parents’ insurance
I have been doing that for the past 2 years. Since the policy is with Destination, I have paid the premium upfront and the money is blocked there. In addition to the fact that the visa is pending, my parents are also not planning to visit soon. Which means the money will keep blocked. I want to unblock the same and instead opt for the insurance where the premiums are paid monthly once the visit starts.

Does that make sense as a reason worth canceling existing insurance or would I have much at stake here?

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
I have been doing that for the past 2 years. Since the policy is with Destination, I have paid the premium upfront and the money is blocked there. In addition to the fact that the visa is pending, my parents are also not planning to visit soon. Which means the money will keep blocked. I want to unblock the same and instead opt for the insurance where the premiums are paid monthly once the visit starts.

Does that make sense as a reason worth canceling existing insurance or would I have much at stake here?
bro that’s something you should deal directly with the insurance agent. the insurance company might only refund full amount to you only when the visa is failed.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015

For super Visa providing Month wise Insurance policy is Red flag. IRCC can ask you explanation on this why you selected month basis insurance
Just to reduce the Query from IRCC Caseworker , I will suggest let it be Yearly and ask your insurance agent to change teh date

Same thought I also Had and i did a lot of research and sharing same with you. I also keep changing it with same reason , application stuck and not sure when parents will visit.

Rets your wish
Good Luck