+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa India - Application with Passport submission issue - Plz advice

SP88

Oct 17, 2011
Hello all.
Applying for supervisa for mom from India. All documents ready to be submitted. Did the medical but have been advised to do some more tests and result of which will take another two/three months to come. My questions are
1) can we submit the passport with the application to the vfs along with the documents now, pending final medical clearance/test.... (waiting for final medical results to submit file with passport will mean all the documents collected and forms filled will have to be redone)
2) since we will be going to the same doctor for the medical tests will they ask for original passport at the time of retests
Please advise

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
IMO, it would be better to go through the furtherance tests/secondary tests.... get an all-clear medical report.... and then apply for her super visa even if it means a delay of 2-3 months

SP88

Oct 17, 2011
Thanks for your reply Bryanna.
I have all documentation ready and forms filled. If I will wait for 2 or 3 months all my preparation will go waste. Can we not submit passport with the file and get the the further medical done with passport photo copy attested by notary?
Thanks in advance

SP88

Oct 17, 2011
Hello there anyone else been through this situation where we have further medical tests and need to submit the application with the passport.

1) can we submit the passport with the application to the vfs along with the documents now, pending final medical clearance/test.... (waiting for final medical results to submit file with passport will mean all the documents collected and forms filled will have to be redone)
2) since we will be going to the same doctor for the medical tests will they ask for original passport at the time of retests
Thanks in advance
Please advise

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for your reply Bryanna.
I have all documentation ready and forms filled. If I will wait for 2 or 3 months all my preparation will go waste. Can we not submit passport with the file and get the the further medical done with passport photo copy attested by notary?
Thanks in advance
Your mom's situation is that it is neither upfront medicals nor is it a case of medicals being done after getting a medical request from IRCC.

You may want to confirm with the panel/IRCC if you may have to redo all tests from scratch if you apply now, and you may not be in a situation of only waiting to complete the furtherance tests.

Also, IRCC will not give a decision/not process her application until the medical report is received (including for the furtherance tests)/medicals passed.

To answer your question:
If you submit her passport with the application, the visa office will return her passport to do the medicals. There have also been cases where VFS accepted a photocopy of the passport with the application and all going well, a passport request was made later by IRCC