+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa from Manila - Applicants/Future Applicants

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
Hi dyan29,

Thanks for congratulating me!

1. My parents-in-law provided bank certificate and copy of their property in the phils.
2. I and my husband enclosed a copy of cert of employment, pay stub, letter from work, RRSP, and bank certificate showing when we open it, account # and the balance
3.yes, they called the number from the form (they use the PLDT one, I think P32/min) and the agent gave them a date when they are going to pick up all the docs

hope u apply your parents soon!

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
creampuffs said:
Hi dyan29,

Thanks for congratulating me!

1. My parents-in-law provided bank certificate and copy of their property in the phils.
2. I and my husband enclosed a copy of cert of employment, pay stub, letter from work, RRSP, and bank certificate showing when we open it, account # and the balance
3.yes, they called the number from the form (they use the PLDT one, I think P32/min) and the agent gave them a date when they are going to pick up all the docs

hope u apply your parents soon!
Hi!

Thanks for your reply :)
I told them to send the papers in first week of February. Do we really have to send all these "cert of employment, pay stub, letter from work, RRSP, and bank certificate showing when we open it, account # and the balance" ? I believe the document checklist is asking for any ONE of the listed things, but I guess to make the case stronger, it's better to show I have funds to support their stay here. :)

How soon were the documents picked up after they called the embassy, do you know?

shane99

Nov 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mutt391,

Please can you let me know you personal email address because my friend need this opportunity.
If you give me you email address than i will forward to my friend.

Thanks
Regards
tylerlongtw@gmail.com

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
@dyan29

you dont really need to send those stuff, we did it coz we just want to make sure that they are not gonna request any docs other than that will make the processing longer and they might request the t4 too which we dont have right now. its really hard to wait ;)

they called the agency on the 29th of dec and they picked it up on the 3rd of jan. well, that long coz it was holiday in the phils.

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
@ creampuffs

I really appreciate all the information.

Let's pray that all children who want to be reunited with their parents won't have to go through a difficult time making it happen :)

God bless to everyone in this thread.

jonats

Star Member
Oct 29, 2008
Im still undecided between super visa VS tourist visa for my parents. Im planning to apply them next month i'll keep you posted.

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
Just an update to all. I now know someone who recently got a Supervisa. My sister's friend's dad just got one this month & he's now here. It seems that "has strong ties to the home country A.K.A reason to go back" clause in the description of the Supervisa is somewhat nullified as their family was in poverty & has no actual reason to go back.

I'll dig deeper on its specifics & will post it here. I hope this will help boost some people's morale w/ their current or pending applications.

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
shane99 said:
Hi Mutt391,

Please can you let me know you personal email address because my friend need this opportunity.
If you give me you email address than i will forward to my friend.

Thanks
Regards
tylerlongtw @ gmail.com
I don't quite understand why you need my email for. If you or your friend require some information regarding the supervisa, please visit the Canadian immigration's website @ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp. Hope this helps & Good luck to your friend.

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
whooah, that was awesome! i hope we can get supervisa for our parents too.
goodluck to us!

any update to your parent's papers?

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
creampuffs said:
whooah, that was awesome! i hope we can get supervisa for our parents too.
goodluck to us!

any update to your parent's papers?
Their passports are still pending for renewal. So at this point no. I also heard that in order for one to get the maximum validity of the super visa,their passports needs to be valid for at least 4-5 years. Otherwise you get the 2 years.

Lets just hope for the best for now.

raiden213

Feb 4, 2012
Hello everyone,,

My mother in law's application was sent last Jan. 20/ 2012 to the Canadian embassy Manila and we received a letter outlining the need for Medicals that should be done within 30 days in receipt of the letter. However, it is also stated on the letter that we need to submit a proof of medical insurance for my mother-in-law although we have already included that same document that we submit to the embassy. Is there any other docs that you need to send to them aside from receipt of purchase and policy wording of medical insurance to validate that you indeed purchase the insurance? I am just puzzled why they are still asking for proof. By the way we purchase the insurance online through Group Medical Services (GMS). Can anyone give me an advice to this hiccup on the application. We were really glad she was going for her medical but somewhat still needs additional documentation which can lengthen the processing of her supervisa.

Thanks.

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
Thats what happened to my in laws too,after 4days sending complete docs, they told them to do the medical and send again the insurance policy, the receipt and proof of relationship then after 8 days ,they told my mom in law to redo her xray and did that on jan 24th. Yesterday we called the nationwide if theres still problem about their medical but they said no update yet so we need a lot of patience for waiting. ???

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Hi! What exactly did you guys send as proof of medical insurance? My parents are scheduling the pick up of their papers this week. I am worried they will be asked the same thing. I bought a travel medical insurance from Manulife and there's a receipt with their names, policy # and other details of the insurance policy. I hope that's good enough proof.

I really hope we don't bump into anymore issues through this application process.

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
we sent insurance receipt with their names, effectivity date, policy wording/ benefits ( just exactly same as yours) but still they ask us to send it again.i dont know why.....

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
@ creampuffs:

what did u send them then when they asked you to send the proof your inlaws have the insurance?