+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa for Parents (January 2024 Timeline)

pammy0504

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
Creating the thread for those who submitted their parents’ supervisa applications in January 2024 to keep updated on the processing times and progress.

submitted application for mother and father: January 4, 2024
Biometrics completed: January 8, 2024
Biometrics updated for mother: January 8, 2024
Biometrics for father: shows biometrics number but status shows fingerprints needed.
Raised webform for father’s biometrics status: January 16, 2024

Medical not yet updated.

anyone else who submitted applications this month? What is your timeline?

Garryg28

Jan 6, 2024
Hi I almost have the same timeline:

submitted application for mother and father: January 6, 2024
Biometrics completed: January 9, 2024
Biometrics updated for father: January 9, 2024
Biometrics for mother: shows biometrics number but status shows fingerprints needed.
Raised webform for mother’s biometrics status: January 15, 2024

No other update yet

pammy0504

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
Hi I almost have the same timeline:

submitted application for mother and father: January 6, 2024
Biometrics completed: January 9, 2024
Biometrics updated for father: January 9, 2024
Biometrics for mother: shows biometrics number but status shows fingerprints needed.
Raised webform for mother’s biometrics status: January 15, 2024

No other update yet
I just received automated email from IRCC acknowledging my webform inquiry. Not sure what’s the processing time currently.

Reactions: Garryg28

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Super Visa with upfront medicals. IRCC Portal application.

Submitted application for Mother: January 11, 2024
Had valid Biometrics from previous approved Visitor Visa which was expiring soon. Choose to give new biometrics by mentioning it in application.
Biometrics Request Letter: January 12, 2024
Biometrics completed: January 16, 2024, and received receipt from VFS (Hyderabad).
Biometrics updated: NO. Biometrics section is blank.
Medical: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Usually, Biometrics data is updated the same day instantly in the application. Any idea why it's not updated yet in the application? I even checked the Biometrics validity tool, it shows status as NA. Thoughts appreciated @armoured

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Hi Guys,
My wife and I are currently filling up the application for her mom's Supervisa and we do not see the medical slot. I am wondering if the medical will be requested at a later time? (she completed medicals in the past but the last was over 12 months now). Also, can anyone share their of support without the personal details just as a guide for us to make our own?

Please and thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Biometrics completed: January 16, 2024, and received receipt from VFS (Hyderabad).
Usually, Biometrics data is updated the same day instantly in the application. Any idea why it's not updated yet in the application? I even checked the Biometrics validity tool, it shows status as NA. Thoughts appreciated @armoured
My thought is that there should be a moratorium on all questions wondering why something hasn't been updated instantly.

THERE ARE DELAYS SOMETIMES. If it's less than a week, don't ask. Certainly 'biometrics done YESTERDAY and not yet updated' is not something to be concerned about. And please don't tag me for such a nullity.

Thnk of IRCC running on steam-powered technology that doesn't update status immediately, where any change has to be filled out by hand and sent through pneumatic tubes running through the centre of the earth. You'll then be pleasantly surprised and waste less of your own time. Not to mention everyone else.

But if you're really worried, please call IRCC and spend hours on hold.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,
My wife and I are currently filling up the application for her mom's Supervisa and we do not see the medical slot. I am wondering if the medical will be requested at a later time? (she completed medicals in the past but the last was over 12 months now). Also, can anyone share their of support without the personal details just as a guide for us to make our own?

Please and thanks.
Yes should be requested after she applies for the supervisa

pammy0504

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
Will likely take a month to hear back from IRCC.
I received their email stating that the document is updated in your file and will be available for review by visa officer (document here is the biometrics acknowledgment receipt I uploaded in the webform).

pammy0504

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
Hi Guys,

Please and thanks.
Your mom can go for upfront medical without it being requested and before submitting application OR you can submit application without medical and IRCC will send medical request later.

Reactions: newuser86

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
Super Visa with upfront medicals. IRCC Portal application.

Submitted application for Mother: January 11, 2024
Had valid Biometrics from previous approved Visitor Visa which was expiring soon. Choose to give new biometrics by mentioning it in application.
Medical: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

how did you upload the medical. I am trying to submit documents and it doesn't show any place to upload eMedical document

pammy0504

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
how did you upload the medical. I am trying to submit documents and it doesn't show any place to upload eMedical document
You can upload it along with your letter of explanation, mention in the letter that you have already done the medical and attached the medical acknowledgement receipt with the letter.
You get the medical acknowledgement receipt from where you get the medical done.

Reactions: angel1719

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hi, In the application I choose Yes for the question asked about Medicals and mentioned the UMI# from the document. Also, I uploaded the e-medical document along with some other documents as a master pdf in the "Additional Documents" section.

Reactions: angel1719

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Your mom can go for upfront medical without it being requested and before submitting application OR you can submit application without medical and IRCC will send medical request later.
Thank you kindly.
Is there anyone willing to share a guide or format for the letter of support for parents Supervisa?