+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa for my mom who had visitor visa

kdng13

Dec 22, 2022
Hi guys, I know this is an old topic but I’m wondering if anyone here on the same boat can share your experiences and ideally your invitation letter. I have my annual income way more than the requirement and roundly 20k in my bank . Is it compulsory to show my mom bank statements , she does have her home ownership certificate, job letter etc ,as I know for supervisa it would be on my site.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys, I know this is an old topic but I’m wondering if anyone here on the same boat can share your experiences and ideally your invitation letter. I have my annual income way more than the requirement and roundly 20k in my bank . Is it compulsory to show my mom bank statements , she does have her home ownership certificate, job letter etc ,as I know for supervisa it would be on my site.
Yes she should show her own financial information and assets but it is less important than a normal TRV. Although any savings is good 20k can be used quite quickly. First you’ll need to pay supervisa insurance, if you own a car or a home a major repair can use a lot of those funds, etc. Additional funds or assets can only add strength to your application and provide ties to her home country which is still important given this is still a visitor visa.

Bennie__

Star Member
Aug 13, 2021
Has anybody done itinerary for super Visa recently, please I need assistance on how to get it done?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has anybody done itinerary for super Visa recently, please I need assistance on how to get it done?
An itinerary isn’t really needed for a supervisa versus a normal TRV because most stay over 6 months. If thry are planning on a stay over 6 months woukd just indicate that they will be living with their family member and enjoying visiting them while they lead their everyday lives. If you have specific visits examples of trips that you may have planned I would include those. For example if you have plans to go skiing for a weekend as a family with your mother (she doesn’t have to be skiing) then you can indicate that you plan on going to X ski resort for one weekend in March but timing will be dependent on weather and the amount of snow. You have Friends or family in another part of Canada you could also indicate that you’ll be visiting them in whatever Canadian city for whatever number of weeks during the summer. IRCC doesn’t expect supervisa applicants to have an in depth itinerary like you would have with a shorter stay TRV.

How long have you been in Canada? It looks like you may have only entered in 2021. Do you have an NOA that show you have earned over LICO amount for your family size? You must meet LICO for income earned while already in Canada not based on your salary amount.

Last edited:

Bennie__

Star Member
Aug 13, 2021
An itinerary isn’t really needed for a supervisa versus a normal TRV because most stay over 6 months. If thry are planning on a stay over 6 months woukd just indicate that they will be living with their family member and enjoying visiting them while they lead their everyday lives. If you have specific visits examples of trips that you may have planned I would include those. For example if you have plans to go skiing for a weekend as a family with your mother (she doesn’t have to be skiing) then you can indicate that you plan on going to X ski resort for one weekend in March but timing will be dependent on weather and the amount of snow. You have Friends or family in another part of Canada you could also indicate that you’ll be visiting them in whatever Canadian city for whatever number of weeks during the summer. IRCC doesn’t expect supervisa applicants to have an in depth itinerary like you would have with a shorter stay TRV.

How long have you been in Canada? It looks like you may have only entered in 2021. Do you have an NOA that show you have earned over LICO amount for your family size? You must meet LICO for income earned while already in Canada not based on your salary amount.
Asking about flight itinerary, Not in Canada, applying from outside.