+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa for my Mom - Pakistan

sarmadf

Sep 7, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Me and my family landed in Canada as PRs (Federal Skilled Workers) in April 2018 and then went back to Pakistan after spending a couple of months in Canada. We recently moved permanently to Canada this April. My wife already had employment in Canada and started working immediately...I'm self-employed and started working with a US-based company at the start of July as an independent contractor with a regular income with an annual renewable contract. I wanted to apply for a Supervisa for my mom who is back in Pakistan and I'm the only child.

Our annualized household *projected* income comfortably meets the LICO requirements for the Supervisa and in fact based on our current paystubs should meet that requirements as early as next month. Can I apply for a Supervisa just yet or should I apply for a visit visa given the Supervisa timelines are quite long for Pakistan-based applications and also that we still have to file our first tax returns. I have seen mixed feedback on the forums where some people are of the view that you can apply for a Supervisa during your first year in Canada provided you are employed and meet the project income requirements. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
If I were you then I would probably try the visit visa first. See whats the outcome of that. If refused then I would wait for few months, file taxes and then apply for Super Visa.

sarmadf

Sep 7, 2020
Thanks @Wash an. This was quite helpful and yes we've also been advised on that. Also, to your point, a visit visa is purely discretionary and the outcome would be a 50/50 at best.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Me and my family landed in Canada as PRs (Federal Skilled Workers) in April 2018 and then went back to Pakistan after spending a couple of months in Canada. We recently moved permanently to Canada this April. My wife already had employment in Canada and started working immediately...I'm self-employed and started working with a US-based company at the start of July as an independent contractor with a regular income with an annual renewable contract. I wanted to apply for a Supervisa for my mom who is back in Pakistan and I'm the only child.

Our annualized household *projected* income comfortably meets the LICO requirements for the Supervisa and in fact based on our current paystubs should meet that requirements as early as next month. Can I apply for a Supervisa just yet or should I apply for a visit visa given the Supervisa timelines are quite long for Pakistan-based applications and also that we still have to file our first tax returns. I have seen mixed feedback on the forums where some people are of the view that you can apply for a Supervisa during your first year in Canada provided you are employed and meet the project income requirements. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
LICO is based on actual income earned in Canada and not projected income. You can try for a supervisa when you meet LICO. If you are an only child your mother may struggle to show strong ties to a Pakistan in order to get a TRV. There must be no concerns that she is trying to move to Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LICO is based on actual income earned in Canada and not projected income. You can try for a supervisa when you meet LICO. If you are an only child your mother may struggle to show strong ties to a Pakistan in order to get a TRV. There must be no concerns that she is trying to move to Canada.
In other words, OP would have to wait for supervisa until next year when they receive NOA to see they meet LICO?

Omar Mirza

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Hello Everyone. Applying for my mother and wondering what's the processing time these days? Apart from sending the application, is there anything i need to be careful about?
As a sponsor, i will be sending the invitation letter, buying medical insurance along with proof of how much i make blah blah.
Anything else?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone. Applying for my mother and wondering what's the processing time these days? Apart from sending the application, is there anything i need to be careful about?
As a sponsor, i will be sending the invitation letter, buying medical insurance along with proof of how much i make blah blah.
Anything else?
For TRV what is more important is your mother’s savings or income. Your financial situation is secondary.

jagannath

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
There is no need to wait for NOA. You can apply for supervisa with your existing income. Include paystubs and employment letter. Its allowed and accepted. Please read supervisa conditions.

You can even confirm by calling cic call center.