+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa for mother and TRV extension question

vish.J

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hope somebody can help me clarify these doubts..

My mother is here in canada with me and twice we got her TRV extension. Is it possible to apply for extension for the third time? Or you can only do it twice?

If I apply for supervisa, can it be done from inside the Canada or does she have to go back to the home country to apply for super visa?

If she goes back and apply for super visa from home country , can she travel back to canada on TRV as her TRV is still valid? Where would I have to submit her passport if and when her supervisa get approved?

Thanks in advance.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Hope somebody can help me clarify these doubts..

My mother is here in canada with me and twice we got her TRV extension. Is it possible to apply for extension for the third time? Or you can only do it twice?

If I apply for supervisa, can it be done from inside the Canada or does she have to go back to the home country to apply for super visa?

If she goes back and apply for super visa from home country , can she travel back to canada on TRV as her TRV is still valid? Where would I have to submit her passport if and when her supervisa get approved?

Thanks in advance.
I am not aware of first two questions. But for the third one, until her TRV is valid, she can travel. Instructions will be sent accordingly for super visa stamping.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can try to apply for another extension but every extension becomes less likely. Parents are allowed to visit but should not live in Canada. Your mother will need to apply for a supervisa in India. She should reestablish ties to her home country and shouldn’t return a few weeks later. She’ll receive instructions as to where she should send her passport for the supervisa.