+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa - Confused on details to be given about family - Please help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
- My mom will apply for TRV (visitor visa) and in Purpose of Visit, she will mention that she wants to visit both of hers sons, who both are PRs, married and well settled in Canada.
IMO, don't stress on this. Try not to focus on 'I want to visit my entire immediate family in Canada versus I have no family in my home country' purpose.

- We will prepare a day to day itinerary for approx 3 weeks, including visits to few famous places like CN tower and Niagara falls, etc and she will attach same in her purpose of visit.
Do include expense estimates.

You may want to consider buying an overseas medical insurance policy for her visit. This is not super visa medical insurance.

- She owns agriculture land and a big house with certified valuation of more than CAD 150K, and have a health bank balance of approx. CAD 10K, we will add a certificate from CA stating same
1. She must include ownership documents for all assets and not just the CA valuation.

2. Tax returns

3. Any commitments for the agriculture land? For example, any loans for farm equipment? Does she actively manage the farm activities?

4. Hope her savings match her declared sources of income.

- She earns a regular government pension of approx. CAD 600 per month. Her attached bank statement will show this and we will mentioned same in explanation letter also
Pension renewal as a reason to return? Evidence for this?

She does not work but is very active in village welfare work as volunteer
Any evidence for this + any event/work scheduled after her return?

- She is a window and lives alone
Although this will be obvious from her Family Information form, don't state it. It's a negative for her TRV app.

In fact, you should include at least another 2-3 compelling reasons for her to return to overcome the Family Ties imbalance. Maybe some government/legal reason, or a wedding in the immediate family, etc.... with evidence.

- She will attach her 4 months of bank statements. These do not have any huge transaction
Any financial investments?

We are planning to attach below of my letters:
- i will state that i am a PR from last 5 years and now well settled, i would like my mom to visit me and see my
Have you applied for citizenship? You may want to consider inviting your mom for the oath ceremony if that's sometime soon. That would be a good purpose of visit + you could add a 'I want to gift my mom a holiday to thank her for the sacrifices/difficulties she went through in raising me and my brother' (words to this effect).

Questions for you:
- do i need to attach my bank statements or NOA ?
Both

- earlier she had done medical exam as we earlier planned for super visa. Even applying for TRV, there is a question if a medical exam has been performed in last 12 months. Should i say Yes and attach the medical result ? Or its an unnecessary risk just in case if there is some complication in the medical result ?
She must answer truthfully. So 'Yes'. It would show up anyway for IRCC

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply, i will do as suggested. I just need some clarification on some of your recommendations.

>>IMO, don't stress on this. Try not to focus on 'I want to visit my entire immediate family in Canada versus I have no family in my home country' purpose.
Thats a great advice. You are right, i was unnecessary bringing focus on this aspect. Thanks again !

>>You may want to consider buying an overseas medical insurance policy for her visit
Should this be bought before applying for TRV and be submitted as part of Letter of Explanation (client information) ?

>>Does she actively manage the farm activities?
Yes she does and i will attach proof of same

>>Pension renewal as a reason to return? Evidence for this?
I do not have any evidence that she has done same last year. But as per government of India website, "http://pensionersportal.gov.in/guidelines.asp" under Annual Life Certificate section, anyone earning government pension must visit Pension Disbursing Agency in month of November. Can i use this official website to state that she has to visit the Pension Disbursing Agency every November else she will loose her pension ?

>>Any evidence for this + any event/work scheduled after her return?
There is no legal evidence as such. Most of the village work is for the maintenance the religious places and supporting poor families, etc. In case i cannot gather any evidence, is it recommend to still state things like these ?

>>Any financial investments?
Yes, she have an FD and also some life insurances. Will attach a proof of same.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
>>You may want to consider buying an overseas medical insurance policy for her visit
Should this be bought before applying for TRV and be submitted as part of Letter of Explanation (client information) ?
It must be bought before applying. Do include a copy of the overseas travel medical insurance policy with the application.

>>Pension renewal as a reason to return? Evidence for this?
I do not have any evidence that she has done same last year. But as per government of India website, "http://pensionersportal.gov.in/guidelines.asp" under Annual Life Certificate section, anyone earning government pension must visit Pension Disbursing Agency in month of November. Can i use this official website to state that she has to visit the Pension Disbursing Agency every November else she will loose her pension ?
It's pretty common knowledge that pension for India applicants must be renewed in November. Nonetheless, you can include a print of this web page.

>>Any evidence for this + any event/work scheduled after her return?
There is no legal evidence as such. Most of the village work is for the maintenance the religious places and supporting poor families, etc. In case i cannot gather any evidence, is it recommend to still state things like these ?
Maybe some evidence just to back her claims. Photographs, press report, a letter of appreciation.... something along these lines

>>Any financial investments?
Yes, she have an FD and also some life insurances. Will attach a proof of same.
Do include the FD interest certificate + a letter from the bank that the FDs are not mortgaged/no loans taken against them.

If the FDs are not locked-in (not cumulative interest on maturity), she can include the FD amounts in the 'Funds available for the visit"

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Bryanna

THANKS A LOT for your advice. I got passport request for my moms visitor visa today. Thanks for saving me a visa refusal on super visa by recommending me to instead apply for visitor visa and then guiding me with specific advice for my case.

nf01

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Question: I want to apply for my mums super visa. She is a widow and lives with her in laws. How do I show close ties to home country. She doesnt workfull time nor does she have any assets in her name

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna

THANKS A LOT for your advice. I got passport request for my moms visitor visa today. Thanks for saving me a visa refusal on super visa by recommending me to instead apply for visitor visa and then guiding me with specific advice for my case.
That's absolutely fantastic. Happy for you and your mom :)

Do keep in mind that your mom can apply for a super visa even when she has a valid TRV. You can consider the super visa option when you or your brother can prove that either of you meets LICO (at least one NOA) for all members in the household + the sponsored applicant(s)

rav_29

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Visa Office......
new dehli
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2018
AOR Received.
June 21 ,2018
Passport Req..
in process since july 23 2018
Hi Bryanna and Scylla
I would like some advice on my case as well. I want apply for my mother's supervisa. But there are a few things that i am doubtful about.

1. I only worked part time last year and i am not working this year because i am pregnant. But my husband and my income from last year is 39,500. He can become a co signer. I do have a bank savings of about CAD 15K. But i cant provide a job letter as i am not working

2. My father, one brother and a sister are in india with my mother. I am the only one here. So thats for family ties.

3. My mother is a house wife she doesnt own any property or have any savings because everything is under my dad's name. He has a lot of property in his name. Like land and a house in the city. She can arrange atleast CAD 5K but it wont be like old statements. Just the recent but they can prove where it came from because they depend on agriculture income.

4. I am hesitant to go to a immigration lawyer because sometimes they just want your money. I dont want a refusal for my mother if our case is not very strong i can wait until few more years.

One last thing my mother in law will be also filing for TRV for a month only she cant stay more than that because of her job, but we will giving a invitation letter to her as well including support for food, accomodation and airfare. She does have good income and have ITRs.

I need your help before i file anything

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna and Scylla
I would like some advice on my case as well. I want apply for my mother's supervisa. But there are a few things that i am doubtful about.

1. I only worked part time last year and i am not working this year because i am pregnant. But my husband and my income from last year is 39,500. He can become a co signer. I do have a bank savings of about CAD 15K. But i cant provide a job letter as i am not working
Your husband can be the co-signer. But your combined incomes are borderline for LICO. Technically, yes you meet LICO.... but again, just barely made it type of situation.

2. My father, one brother and a sister are in india with my mother. I am the only one here. So thats for family ties.
Okay

3. My mother is a house wife she doesnt own any property or have any savings because everything is under my dad's name. He has a lot of property in his name. Like land and a house in the city. She can arrange atleast CAD 5K but it wont be like old statements. Just the recent but they can prove where it came from because they depend on agriculture income.
The source of income will be questioned especially if it is recent and/or were cash deposits in the bank account.

Your dad's properties/land/house are not ties for your mom to return to because he owns them.

One last thing my mother in law will be also filing for TRV for a month only she cant stay more than that because of her job, but we will giving a invitation letter to her as well including support for food, accomodation and airfare. She does have good income and have ITRs.
IMO, you must apply for the weaker applicant first. Your MIL seems to have a stronger TRV application than your mom. Don't apply for both of them simultaneously.

1. Do post the list of documents for your mother.

2. How old are your siblings? Will they be able to take care of themselves if your mom stays on a super visa for up to two years?

3. Any agricultural land that is owned by your mom? Maybe shared ownership?

4. Do your parents have any financial investments: FDs, RDs, shares/stocks, pension funds, etc?

rav_29

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Visa Office......
new dehli
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2018
AOR Received.
June 21 ,2018
Passport Req..
in process since july 23 2018
IMO, you must apply for the weaker applicant first. Your MIL seems to have a stronger TRV application than your mom. Don't apply for both of them simultaneously.
Thank you for the info and the quick response
Do post the list of documents for your mother.
I dont think she has any documents like land papers or FD's etc except some recent cash in the bank, because she is a house wife and everything is under my dad's name.
2. How old are your siblings? Will they be able to take care of themselves if your mom stays on a super visa for up to two years?
They are both married.
3. Any agricultural land that is owned by your mom? Maybe shared ownership?
No, she doesn't have any, can my dad sign an affidavit of some sort or like power of attorney to her name?
4. Do your parents have any financial investments: FDs, RDs, shares/stocks, pension funds, etc?
Just my dad.

Do you think it will be better if i apply for both of them together, when i have sufficient income for both, that way she doesn't have to show any separate ties than my dad. Correct me if I am wrong. And if its a must for her to show separate ties then they can have some of their assets shared by then and arrange some more funds.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I dont think she has any documents like land papers or FD's etc except some recent cash in the bank, because she is a house wife and everything is under my dad's name.
The cash won't help. It won't seem legit.

They are both married.
Your married siblings won't be family ties to return to.

No, she doesn't have any, can my dad sign an affidavit of some sort or like power of attorney to her name?
They can do it. Quite honestly though it won't work simply because your dad (the owner of the properties) is available to take care of those properties.

Do you think it will be better if i apply for both of them together, when i have sufficient income for both, that way she doesn't have to show any separate ties than my dad. Correct me if I am wrong. And if its a must for her to show separate ties then they can have some of their assets shared by then and arrange some more funds.
For super visas, the focus is on your financial situation + some/few ties of your mom (these can be individual ties or shared ties).

If your future income is borderline for 5 persons (your husband + you + your baby + your parents) then you may want to apply only for your mom

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
@Bryanna Hope you are doing okay, Que: applying supervisa and mother from India. She doesn't have any properties or owns the house either. She just gets pension as we have disposed off all the properties back home. I am not sure what home ties I can use though now.

Can you please help