+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa Candidate applying for US Visa

krs

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Hello all,

My mom is applying for US Visa and she is on super visa currently with me. She does not have any proof apart from passport and the following:
1. Residential address proof of her as an occupant in the lease
2. Residential address proof on insurance

If her visa is approved and if the passport is sent to the nearest post canada office, which IDs can she show to collect her passport?

*Note: I called post Canada and they said to reach out to the nearest branch. The nearest branch said we need a photo ID accepted by Canada. But she seemed to be less knowledgeable for internal visitor questions. Has anybody applied for US Visa for supervisa candidates?

Thanks,
Kev

princeimoj

Nov 13, 2019
Hello Kev,

I would like to know if the visa was approved and if so what other documents did they require. My mom is in a similar position and wants to apply.

Thanks,

Prince

krs

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Nothing yet. We have planned to apply for next year April. My Mom got a G1 driving licence which can be used as an ID to pick up passport. She has made a letter to explain why she is visiting. She also got a letter from someone we know from USA which can be termed as a letter of invite.

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hi, did any of you end up applying for US visa from Canada while your parents were on super visa inside Canada?