+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa cancelled .. Need suggestions

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
If you have a gckey account, you should be able to see the validity of the document (visa) by logging in. No GCMS notes needed to see if it's still valid.

Is this a red line throughout the entirety of the visa, or just a small part? There is a chance it could be just the pen they use to mark the primary inspection kiosk receipts, if the receipt was inside the passport.
It's the redline from top right corner to the left down on the counterfoil and Yes it says the the document is valid until 2027 in mycic account.
Do you think we should request for counterfoil replacement? I will wait for a week to see if status gets changed online and then I will go with counterfoil replacement request if that's possible.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
From working at the airport and seeing multitude of passports and visa pages , I was always under the assumption if a visa was canceled it would be stamped
Cancelled with prejudice or
Cancelled without prejudice
I’ve seen the TRV slashed with a red marker , then the officer would circle if it was a one entry , indicating entry /used, or if it was a two entry , one entry was used
This doesn’t sound like a cancellation especially if nothing was given to her, or she wasn’t verbally advised that the visa has been cancelled, or modified

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf

Page 76

Last edited:
Reactions: se7en

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I don't want to simulate the entire form right now, but I would guess it's "temporary residence" rather than the latter.
I would say you're asking for the status of the super visa itself, so look for the options that will fit a temporary resident visa application.

This is Canada in 2020; please don't assume genders for me or anyone else if you're not sure.
@bellaluna
I agree with you.
I just want to get into the deep of this to see what happened.
I also called CBSA but they were clueless and said that she should be staying for 2 years on supervisa and not just 6 months lol

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
From working at the airport and seeing multitude of passports and visa pages , I was always under the assumption if a visa was canceled it would be stamped
Cancelled with prejudice or
Cancelled without prejudice
I’ve seen the TRV slashed with a red marker , then the officer would circle if it was a one entry , indicating entry /used, or if it was a two entry , one entry was used
This doesn’t sound like a cancellation especially if nothing was given to her, or she wasn’t verbally advised that the visa has been cancelled, or modified

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf

Page 76
I totally agree with you sir and really appreciate your response.
My friend was also there, who was coming in the same flight with her and he translated for her. I also asked him if they said something specifically about cancellation but he said no, the officer was just asking about your status in Canada and job and then her stay duration.
This officer marked my friend's (who is a PR now) expired work visa in the same manner as well. He said he didn't pay attention to the mark and considered this as some kind of procedure they follow.
I will wait for a few more days and see if anything changes in mycic account and I will take it from there.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
****Update****
I sent email, outlining the situation to the visa office which processed the application two years before and CCe'd CPC Ottawa.
After a week CPC Ottawa advised to send them passport for counterfoil replacement without paying any fee.

Reactions: vtdat08