+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa Biometric Fee?

rana91in

Jun 11, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am applying for my mother's supervisa, I was under impression that the biometric fee is $85 but the online application is asking me to pay $170 under family biometric fee. My mom is applying for the supervisa alone did I choose something wrong?

Reactions: yasir_pak

rana91in

Jun 11, 2018
Well, the system thinks you did, or it's broken.
I have deleted the pending application and filled out new questionnaires 3 times now and every time it shows $170 family biometric fee, I have been extra careful not to choose any second person at any stage, I don't know whats wrong, this is really confusing :(

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you start the questionnaire answering as if it's you, you are applying for yourself and then you add a family member. When you add your mother, that's when you get two persons on the questionnaire and two biometrics fees.

You need to create a new GCKey account, for your mother, and answer the questionnaire as if it's her answering the questions.

rana91in

Jun 11, 2018
If you start the questionnaire answering as if it's you, you are applying for yourself and then you add a family member. When you add your mother, that's when you get two persons on the questionnaire and two biometrics fees.

You need to create a new GCKey account, for your mother, and answer the questionnaire as if it's her answering the questions.
That's what I did, I have created a fresh new account for her and filled in the questions as her.

Does CIC have a Canadian helpline number that I could call to enquire?

rana91in

Jun 11, 2018
I am still not able to figure out what I might be doing wrong, :( have been trying for 3 days now. I have created a new GCkey account and made sure I did not select family anywhere. Could someone out here please help.

yasir_pak

Dec 31, 2019
LANDED..........
11-11-1999
I am having same issue. I checked IRCC website, the fee for one person is $85, not $ 170. I think its a glitch in their system. I created my application in December 2019. I also deleted and created application 5 times, each time same fee. what should I do?