+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa: application for mother-in-low: Documents to be posted?

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Hi folks,

I have recently applied for supervisa for my mother-in-law online. While my wife is the main sponsor, I have co-signed the documents. We are expecting our baby in January and our “invitation letter” stated this as the ground reason for the invitation (supported with a reference letter from our family physician). Other than invitation letter, as per guidelines, we prepared (other) documents including “proof of relationship” (that included the birth certificate of my wife and our marriage certificate), “T4” (slips from 2017 T4 provided by both of our employers), “notice of assessment” (profiles from our CRA accounts), “medical insurance policy” (for an year purchased in Canada), “employment letters of inviters” (that explicitly describing all the facts about our employments), and “letter of support” (clearly showing our financial ability to support her stay, including our bank statements, paystubs and apartment rental agreement etc.) along with other documents from the applicant’s side (mother-in-law) such as “purpose of travel” (indicating the necessity of her support during the child birth, attached with the itinerary), “travel history” (that summarizes all of the applicant’s previous international traveling), and “Proof of financial status” [the documents related to the applicant’s assets (including house/land ownership), fixed deposits, and bank balances etc.]. Online application has already been lodged.

My question is regarding the documents/ papers that require to be POSTED to the mother-in-law. Can anyone clarify, if hardcopies (bearing physically signed papers) MUST be sent from Canada by the inviter/sponsor to the applicant by post if the application was lodged online (if the application is paper-based this is a straightforward procedure)? If so, could you please suggest a list of such documents that I need to send (It is logical that while sponsor-signature requires to be there in papers, wherever the cover letters/ invitation etc. is concerned, other pages could be printed by the applicant in their home country). Please verify this fact and advise me with some essential tips. Thanks.