+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa after refusal of regular visitor visa- Online application Help!

tipisqueen

Apr 29, 2010
I have a few questions regarding applying for my mother-n-law's supervisa. I applied last year around November for a regular tourist visa but it got refused. Reasons provided were:

-not satisfied officer that she would leave at end of stay related to the following factors:

-immigration status in country of residence (lives in the United States under the Temporary Protected Status of which she is allowed to exit the USA but with a valid exit travel visa (for which she did apply { cost about 350.00} and got approved and it was sent with the application). People living in the US with TPS cannot leave the country and legally reenter without first applying for this travel authorization. So my mother-n-law applied for it which took 3 months for her to get approved and get her exit visa. This was uploaed to her application to show she can legally reenter the USA after her visit with us here.

-family ties in Canada and in country of residence (makes no sense, she is visiting her son here but she still has her husband and 3 other children and grandchildren back home she needs to go back to)

-length of proposed stay in Canada (put in application greater than 6 months, since she does not work she can travel for a bit)

-purpose of visit (family visit)

-employment prospects in country of residence (unemployed housewife, but husband works)

- personal assets and financial status ( no income on her part but her husband who was not planning on coming with her does work) we put we were financing her entire trip and stay so she can spend time with her son and our kids, her grandchildren.

So now my next step is to apply for a supervisa for her as I believe this is based on my husband's income and not her's, right?

Questions I have now regarding this application are:

1. In the online application itself there is really no where to click supervisa as the steps prompt to a regular visa pathway. I did notice though once you finish and they give you a list of requirements that on the visa appication (IMM 5257 Application for visitor visa) towards the middle there is a question that asks purpose of visit and there is drop down menu and I see super visa. But at the very top of that application there is no option under box 3 where it asks the type of visa you are requesting to choose supervisa. So I chose visitor visa, but I am scared that they will miss that this is a supervisa application not a regular visa. I am scared the officer might make a decision based on that and with the previous visa being refused, I am concerned. So is there a way to choose supervisa maybe I missed it?

2. One of the requirement the system automatically asks me to upload are her personal financial paperwork like bank accounts, pay stubs and such, but I thought a supervisa looks at the son's (our case) finances and lico requirements. I am scared to provide her information as that was a reason she was refused the first time too I guess because she is a housewife and does not make income. There is no mention to upload any of my husband's financial information which is needed for a supervisa. Please advice.

Thanks in advance

kayceesin

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-07-2014
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
It's the same form for tourist and supervisa, her status in Canada will still be as a visitor either way so the form remains the same. There are some additional information you need to provide if you are applying for supervisa. They will know what you are applying for if they receive those addition info that are mandatory for supervisa. For supervisa they need to see

Letter of invite from her child (follow guidelines on their website)
NOA/T4/ letter of employment from her child
Evidence of relationship(birth certificate is a good one)
Proof of health insurance

If you provide these things to them they will automatically know you are applying for supervisa.

As for her financial documents, if she doesn't have any source of income, it means she has to be dependent on someone. That person can provide their financial documents. If your husband is sponsoring her then he needs to provide proof that he can support her. He will also need to state in the letter of invite that he is the one sponsoring her. If she has any ties to her country (properties In her name etc) she can also upload those.

I hope this helps. Goodluck!

tipisqueen

Apr 29, 2010
Ok, thanks for that clarification. Yes she is dependent on her husband. He is not traveling though, and my husband and I will be funding her entire trip. So hope all works out this time with showing her husband's income and my husband's as well. God willing!!