+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa

Quebecoise

Nov 10, 2017
Hey there!

i would appreciate if you can help me about a super visa question.

i want to apply to super visa for my parent who have already a visitor visa. However, my own salary (earned and is going to be earned) is not above the lico amount. My husband’s salary can be count in ?

my salary + my husbands’ are above the lico amount, in this case, can my parents apply to supervisa ?

sorry to bother you, i just couldnt find the answer on cic website.

thanks for your answers!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey there!

i would appreciate if you can help me about a super visa question.

i want to apply to super visa for my parent who have already a visitor visa. However, my own salary (earned and is going to be earned) is not above the lico amount. My husband’s salary can be count in ?

my salary + my husbands’ are above the lico amount, in this case, can my parents apply to supervisa ?

sorry to bother you, i just couldnt find the answer on cic website.

thanks for your answers!
Yes, you can include your husband's salary. Make sure you include yourself, your husband, your parents and any children you have in determining how many people you need to cover for LICO.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
so are super visa's open now? From india
Never stopped being able to apply for a supervisa. Parents who have never done biometrics will run into problems because VAC closed. Same problem when application is essntially approved. No stamping of passport is also available.

Windsorvasi

Jan 8, 2020
I want my parents to come here sometime early next year. Feb or March. Which one is faster ? Super Visa or Visitor Visa? I am preparing applications for Super Visa which I'll be be submitting by early next week? What are the chances that they ll get the Visa stamped by Feb 2021.

Appreciate any advice

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I want my parents to come here sometime early next year. Feb or March. Which one is faster ? Super Visa or Visitor Visa? I am preparing applications for Super Visa which I'll be be submitting by early next week? What are the chances that they ll get the Visa stamped by Feb 2021.

Appreciate any advice
It looks like you only recently moved to Canada and have never filed a tax return. You will need to show that you have already earned the LICO amount while living in Canada. When it comes to proof of income earned while in Canada the NOA is the preferred proof. Other than the potential NOA issue, it will depend on how long they want to stay, how strong their ties are to their home country, whether they have savings, any past international travel to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc.

Windsorvasi

Jan 8, 2020
It looks like you only recently moved to Canada and have never filed a tax return. You will need to show that you have already earned the LICO amount while living in Canada. When it comes to proof of income earned while in Canada the NOA is the preferred proof. Other than the potential NOA issue, it will depend on how long they want to stay, how strong their ties are to their home country, whether they have savings, any past international travel to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc.
@canuck78 I moved here late last year and we filed tax for the 1 month of last year we lived in Canada. My parents have also travelled a few times to US and have valid US travel visa.What is NOA ?

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022

Super Visa doesn't need international travel nor the necessity to show home ties. Maybe you are mixing visit visa with super visa. & for your information, super visa can be given just after landing a job so it not obligatory to show one year earning before applying. So, if anyone gets a letter from your employer that he is employed and his salary will be sufficient. As per IRCC. Pls check the given link where it is given that T4/NOA can be used as a proof but not mandatory. Hope that helps.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Super Visa doesn't need international travel nor the necessity to show home ties. Maybe you are mixing visit visa with super visa. & for your information, super visa can be given just after landing a job so it not obligatory to show one year earning before applying. So, if anyone gets a letter from your employer that he is employed and his salary will be sufficient. As per IRCC. Pls check the given link where it is given that T4/NOA can be used as a proof but not mandatory. Hope that helps.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html
You still need to show ties to your home country to get a supervisa. The government needs to see proof that you will return home. A letter stating your salary is not sufficient because approval is based on income earned in Canada and not your salary. Although other forms of proof of income can be submitted an NOA is what is preferred.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 I moved here late last year and we filed tax for the 1 month of last year we lived in Canada. My parents have also travelled a few times to US and have valid US travel visa.What is NOA ?
NOA is notice of assessment. If your parents have traveled to the US that will help because it proves that they have a pattern of following immigration rules. You can try submitting proof of the income you earned in the past year. If you do get denied, I would apply again once you have submitted your taxes for 2020.