+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa

NimaRahmani

Jul 12, 2020
Hi
I applied for super visa for my mom and she approved for 10 years Super Visa, but because of her 5 years valid passport, the issued 5 years Visa for her. Now she is in Canada and her passport is going to expire in next 10 months.Do I need to apply again for her, or she only needs to renew her passport for 5 more years ?

NimaRahmani

Jul 12, 2020
Thanks a lot for your answer, but there is a problem here that I think I could not explain it in my last message.
The problem is that:
The expire date of her current Visa is same as expire date of her current passport. If she renew her current passport,
still she has two passports, First revoked passport with expired Visa and Second new passport with no Visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks a lot for your answer, but there is a problem here that I think I could not explain it in my last message.
The problem is that:
The expire date of her current Visa is same as expire date of her current passport. If she renew her current passport,
still she has two passports, First revoked passport with expired Visa and Second new passport with no Visa.
Visas can only be issued for the duration of the passport validity. It's not possible to extend the visa duration with a new passport. You will need to apply for a new super visa.

If she renews her current passport, the visa will still only be valid for the 5 years. This cannot be extended.

Reactions: NimaRahmani

NimaRahmani

Jul 12, 2020
Visas can only be issued for the duration of the passport validity. It's not possible to extend the visa duration with a new passport. You will need to apply for a new super visa.

If she renews her current passport, the visa will still only be valid for the 5 years. This cannot be extended.
Thanks a lot

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don’t give wrong information!!! She can apply again , she can also ask to extend the visa after she renew her passport!
I am giving the right information. You can’t apply for a new supervisa while in Canada. New supervisa is not the same as trying to extend her current stay in Canada. She likely only received a 5 year supervisa even though she was approved for 10 years because her passport was only valid for 5 years.

talukdar8

Apr 15, 2019
The problem is that:
Can we apply for parent's passport renewal from Canada itself?(considering they are on Super Visa in Canada)