30/12/2017
File Transfer...
09/01/2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
02/11/2016
Hi,

Is it possible to withdraw from the super Visa and apply for a normal tourist Visa?

My in-laws got their medical done but they request additional medical examination for my mother in law which can only be done in July as per the Visa officer's request.

And my in laws wont be able to come after August due to my father in law's work and he wont br able to take leave after August.

Please suggest what I can do as we really want them to come to meet our new born and attend the new born party.

Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Is it possible to withdraw from the super Visa and apply for a normal tourist Visa?

My in-laws got their medical done but they request additional medical examination for my mother in law which can only be done in July as per the Visa officer's request.

And my in laws wont be able to come after August due to my father in law's work and he wont br able to take leave after August.

Please suggest what I can do as we really want them to come to meet our new born and attend the new born party.

Thanks.
Yes, they can apply for a regular TRV. That said, the visa office will decide whether or not to allow this change.

BTW your in-laws should have applied for TRVs instead of super visas if they were unable to stay for beyond a couple of months. And, another point: Stating that they want to see your newborn is usually not a good idea because it can be viewed as working illegally

Fari_S

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
09-01-2017
AOR Received.
30/12/2017
File Transfer...
09/01/2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
02/11/2016
Yes, they can apply for a regular TRV. That said, the visa office will decide whether or not to allow this change.

BTW your in-laws should have applied for TRVs instead of super visas if they were unable to stay for beyond a couple of months. And, another point: Stating that they want to see your newborn is usually not a good idea because it can be viewed as working illegally
Ya we made a mistake and applied for a super Visa, well we already mentioned that they are coming to see the new born and attend the new born welcome party basically also provided proofs that they will return and can't stay here due to my father in law's job.

mgelgendy

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Doc's Request.
25-06-2018
AOR Received.
23-09-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-02-2019

Hi Bryanna,

A quick question for you. I have been living in Canada for 7 years as a student. I recently got my PR and has been working a full time job for 4 months now. I would like to apply to a super visa for my parents. My current salary is sufficient; however, the most recent notice of assessment I have shows a small income from the days I was a student.

Can I still apply for the super visa?

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hi @Bryanna My mother got Supervisa last year and is currently in Canada. We wanted to go for a vacation to US. Do you know if there will be an issue when we fly back at CBSA/ Airport? Supervisa is valid till April 2020.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi @Bryanna My mother got Supervisa last year and is currently in Canada. We wanted to go for a vacation to US. Do you know if there will be an issue when we fly back at CBSA/ Airport? Supervisa is valid till April 2020.
What kind of issues are you thinking of. If she had a valid Visa and re entering country, normally she would be allowed without any issues

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
What kind of issues are you thinking of. If she had a valid Visa and re entering country, normally she would be allowed without any issues
Just thinking like supervisa is a kind of visitor visa. Why she is not going back to India but coming again to Canada in 3 days? Just bit scared although my mind says it should not be an issue

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Just thinking like supervisa is a kind of visitor visa. Why she is not going back to India but coming again to Canada in 3 days? Just bit scared although my mind says it should not be an issue
Again most of the folks don't have any issues especially when going on a vacation. On the other hand Poe officer can ask questions to determine your intentions. If they feel like a visitor is likely going to not return to home country or working contrary to conditions of Visa, they can refuse entry

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Again most of the folks don't have any issues especially when going on a vacation. On the other hand Poe officer can ask questions to determine your intentions. If they feel like a visitor is likely going to not return to home country or working contrary to conditions of Visa, they can refuse entry
Is there anything we can take along to prove that she will return to India?