+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa

koniloni

Star Member
May 5, 2015
When I can apply for Super Visa for my mom? After I get my PR or PR card in hand?

What does it means for any candidate to get a Super Visa -
'prove he or she has Canadian medical insurance for at least one year to cover the time he or she will be in Canada'. How my mom will get Canadian Medical Insurance, before she get a super visa?

What type of medical benefit she can get after she get a super visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You must be a PR and have a job in Canada that meets the low income income cut off before you can apply for a super visa. You don't need to have your actual PR card yet - but you must have landed already.

She won't qualify for any type of medical benefit in Canada. All of her medical expenses will either need to be paid for by the private travel insurance you purchase - or you will have to pay for it out of your own pocket.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
When I can apply for Super Visa for my mom? After I get my PR or PR card in hand?

What does it means for any candidate to get a Super Visa -
'prove he or she has Canadian medical insurance for at least one year to cover the time he or she will be in Canada'. How my mom will get Canadian Medical Insurance, before she get a super visa?

What type of medical benefit she can get after she get a super visa?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp#table1

koniloni

Star Member
May 5, 2015
You must be a PR and have a job in Canada that meets the low income income cut off before you can apply for a super visa. You don't need to have your actual PR card yet - but you must have landed already.

She won't qualify for any type of medical benefit in Canada. All of her medical expenses will either need to be paid for by the private travel insurance you purchase - or you will have to pay for it out of your own pocket.

My mom is US Green Card holder. She had already visited Canada twice. Is it possible she visit Canada again from US and start staying with us. How long she can stay with us maximum? In the mean time, I apply for her Super Visa?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The CBSA officer at the point of entry will determine how long she can stay. If it appears she is living in Canada for extended periods (more in Canada than the US), she can expect to be refused entry at some point. Also be aware that being outside of the US risks her loosing her green card as there is a strict residency requirement that goes with a green card.