+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa

SSSK12

Mar 25, 2013
Hi,

I came to Canada last year in the month of December. I have been working now and it has been almost 3 months. I want to apply for super visa for my mom. She lives in Pakistan. I have seen the CIC links.

I do meet the minimum necessary income requirment. But I want to know is when can I apply? Do I need to wait for six months, a year or something?

Thanks!

Rattles

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
16-03-2013
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
15-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-08-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-05-2013
Are you PR?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Then you're good on that point, the applicant needs only be a parent or grand-parent of a Canadian citizen OR a PR (no minimum length of time noted in the requirement). Assuming you will meet the 'other' requirements then you're good.

sameera_rathore

Sep 4, 2017
Then you're good on that point, the applicant needs only be a parent or grand-parent of a Canadian citizen OR a PR (no minimum length of time noted in the requirement). Assuming you will meet the 'other' requirements then you're good.
Hi,
I came to Canada in March 2018 on PR and since June I have started my job. I am really confused about one thing.
Since I haven't filed a tax return because I haven't lived in Canada for one year, but my monthly income if calculated on a yearly basis exceeds the LICO requirements of sponsoring my parents on super visa. Can I sponsor my parents for super visa or I cant do that just because I haven't filed a tax return??

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, your parent can still apply for supervisa. You can give your pay stub:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

Hi,
I came to Canada in March 2018 on PR and since June I have started my job. I am really confused about one thing.
Since I haven't filed a tax return because I haven't lived in Canada for one year, but my monthly income if calculated on a yearly basis exceeds the LICO requirements of sponsoring my parents on super visa. Can I sponsor my parents for super visa or I cant do that just because I haven't filed a tax return??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would suggest you wait until you have NOA and you have established yourself a bit more. You will find that although proof of employment is given as an option supervisas are often refused if that is the only information provided. I would look at other examples in this forum. Would look in the visitor section.

sameera_rathore

Sep 4, 2017
Would suggest you wait until you have NOA and you have established yourself a bit more. You will find that although proof of employment is given as an option supervisas are often refused if that is the only information provided. I would look at other examples in this forum. Would look in the visitor section.
Thank you very much ☺☺
And yes I’ll definiely look in th visitor section. Thank you once again

sameera_rathore

Sep 4, 2017
When applying for the super visa online, should I select the visa option as (visit visa) and the duration of stay as more than 6 months ??
Because it doesn’t give any option for the super visa itself ??