+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
J-dee said:
Torontosm, can u please share with me how u went about applying for the super visa? thank u
you have to have a minimum income based on the size of the current family you have in Canada (husband + wife + kids) + the number of people you are sponsoring for super visa + any additional sponsorships you have signed for that are in effect.

This income is best shown using your tax returns but you can definitely show an employment letter stating your yearly income as long as it adds upto the minimum base income required. Look for the LICO table on the cic website for the minimum income based on family size.

If you are a business owner/ self employed, it gets a little tricky to prove your income without the tax return.

J-dee

Jul 4, 2012
Just-do-it thanks for taking time out to respond to my query really appreciate it.i found the website and things re a little clearer now,thanks again God bless

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
J-dee said:
Torontosm, can u please share with me how u went about applying for the super visa? thank u
Hi, I applied the normal way....completed the forms, provided the proof of my financial capacity to support the invitee, provided all of the backup documents for my mother-in-law demonstrating her ties to Pakistan and the she submitted the entire package via courier to the consulate in Islamabad. the entire process took about 2 months, including medicals.

I hope this helps and feel free to PM me with any specific questions you may have.

spicegirl

Nov 17, 2009
Wanting to sponsor my mother for a non-supervisa

Hello,

I am a permanent resident here in Canada and I would like to sponsor my mother for a non-supervisa that is, a temporary visitor's visa. I have 2 questions:

1. Does my income need to meet the LICO Requirement though it will be a non-Supervisa?

2. How much proof of assets or money in the bank should my mother have to be qualified to visit me here? My mom is still working and she plans to stay here for 1 month.

Hoping for answers to my queries. Thank you in advance to those who can answer my queries.

bebeboy2013

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2008
LANDED..........
21-10-2008
torontosm said:
I was in a similar situation where I am working but my wife isn't. She wanted to sponsor her mother for a super visa, and I wrote the invitation letter and provided proof of my income. It was accepted and the visa was issued earlier this week. Just make sure that you are clear in the cover letter and can provide some proof of your relationship to your spouse.

i like your post torrontosm. gives me relief. i am in the same situation right now. applied for my mom's supervisa using my husband's income as i am a stay at home mom. cic requested for my mom's medical and med exam was done last 1st August. now, still waiting for cic update. hopefully, visa will be granted soon. :)

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Re: Wanting to sponsor my mother for a non-supervisa

spicegirl said:
Hello,

I am a permanent resident here in Canada and I would like to sponsor my mother for a non-supervisa that is, a temporary visitor's visa. I have 2 questions:

1. Does my income need to meet the LICO Requirement though it will be a non-Supervisa?

2. How much proof of assets or money in the bank should my mother have to be qualified to visit me here? My mom is still working and she plans to stay here for 1 month.

Hoping for answers to my queries. Thank you in advance to those who can answer my queries.
There is no minimum income requirement for regular TRV's (i.e., non-supervisas). As for the proof of assets, there is no specific number, but obviously the more, the better. As long as your mother can demonstrate ties to her home country, the exact monetary value of her assets will be less important. So, she should instead focus on proof of her job, her mortgage, relatives and family members that live in her city, etc.

amjad1002

Oct 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila phip
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
Med's Request
already sent
Med's Done....
11-08-2013 and redo 08-02-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
02-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
3 Feb 2016
H
Hi All I want to apply super visa for my mom, right now I am not working but my wife is working full time I have my last year notice of assessment with 25k and my wife was 16k, my wife is Citizen and I am on PR can I still able to apply super visa for my mom will our family income will be count or I (PR holder) have to show all income requirement please guide us we want to plane our first babi. Thanks

saju_simon

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
That is not correct. I applied for the super visa for my MIL after residing in Canada for 4 months. I explained in my cover letter why I was unable to provide my T-4 and provided bank statements and a salary letter instead.

Hey there totrontosm,

So what all did documents did you submit in this list while applying for Super Visa ?

Most recent copy of T4 or T1

Most recent copy of Notice of Assessment

Letter from employer stating title, job, description and salary

Employment insurance benefit stub

If self employed, letter from accountant confirming annual income

Proof of other source of income