+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa/Work permit

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Hi,
My friend's mother is a translator. She is fluent in 3 languages: French, Spanish and Portuguese. Both her kids are abroad (one in US and another one in Canada). She's around 52 year old and has worked all her life in translation/teaching etc. Is it possible for her to get a work permit in Canada? If yes, how difficult is it since the Canadian Govt. is keen on youth.

The other option he is considering is Super Visa. However, I believe she won't be able to work with Super Visa.

She wants to continue to work but is unable to understand which process she should go for.

Thanks in advance !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
My friend's mother is a translator. She is fluent in 3 languages: French, Spanish and Portuguese. Both her kids are abroad (one in US and another one in Canada). She's around 52 year old and has worked all her life in translation/teaching etc. Is it possible for her to get a work permit in Canada? If yes, how difficult is it since the Canadian Govt. is keen on youth.

The other option he is considering is Super Visa. However, I believe she won't be able to work with Super Visa.

She wants to continue to work but is unable to understand which process she should go for.

Thanks in advance !
It's illegal to work on a super visa.

She needs a work permit to be able to work in Canada. To get a work permit, she needs a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer must obtain an approved LMIA. The LMIA process is very long and expensive and requires the employer to prove no Canadian could be found for the role. She should expect it will be next to impossible to find an employer willing to give her a job offer and willing to go through the LMIA process.

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
It's illegal to work on a super visa.

She needs a work permit to be able to work in Canada. To get a work permit, she needs a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer must obtain an approved LMIA. The LMIA process is very long and expensive and requires the employer to prove no Canadian could be found for the role. She should expect it will be next to impossible to find an employer willing to give her a job offer and willing to go through the LMIA process.
In that case, what other option would you suggest?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In that case, what other option would you suggest?
Either she comes to Canada on a super visa and doesn't work.

Or, provided her child in Canada is a PR or citizen and meets the minimum income requirements - that child can enter the lottery to sponsor her for PR next year (too late for this year) and hope they are selected. If she becomes a PR, she will be able to work in Canada.

Reactions: musicholic

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Either she comes to Canada on a super visa and doesn't work.

Or, provided her child in Canada is a PR or citizen and meets the minimum income requirements - that child can enter the lottery to sponsor her for PR next year (too late for this year) and hope they are selected. If she becomes a PR, she will be able to work in Canada.
How difficult is this lottery? I mean what are the probabilities of one getting through?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How difficult is this lottery? I mean what are the probabilities of one getting through?
It's a lottery - so of course not everyone is selected. Exact statistics aren't available. There are many existing threads in this section of the forum discussing the lottery and process. Suggest you read through these for more information. More information is also available on the CIC web site.