+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa without NOA, moved from U.S.

ec15

Jan 19, 2019
I want to apply for my parents super-visa. However I don't have NOA yet. I am wondering if I should apply for super-visa without NOA.

I moved to Canada from U.S. mid-last year (2018). I don't have NOA because I haven't filed 2018 taxes yet (waiting for T4).

My Canadian income is $100k+. My Canadian savings account have $100k+ savings. I work for Apple (in Canada). I have payslips, employment verification letter (mentioning salary), bank statement etc. I can add U.S. tax returns from previous years if that help.

Are these enough for proving that I meet LICO requirement, or NOA/T4 are mandatory?

Are the chances of rejection high based on my(host) financials because of not having NOA/T4? Should I wait till I get NOA (which might be couple of months)? or can I apply just after I get T4?

Tagging few seniors: @scylla @pie_vancouver

rocky777

Sep 29, 2017
Hi @ec15 , I am in the same situation where I have enough funds to show but I do not have NOA as I came to Canada in July 2018 and have been working for last 6 months only. I can provide offer letter form my employer and pay stubs but not sure if that will work. Were you able to get super visa for your parents?

ec15

Jan 19, 2019
@rocky777 I haven't applied yet (waiting for T4). Unfortunately I am not able to get more info on it. Please let me know if you find more relevant information.

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
I know of someone who gave just 2 paystubs after arriving and his mom's supervisa got approved. I tried to do the same with paystubs for several months but it got rejected. So it depends on case to case. I think it's better to wait for the NOA to come in as suggested by several of the forum members.