Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
My mother already has visitor visa and has done biometrics 2 years back to get that visa.

She is coming to visit me in Canada for 6 months and maybe extend to a year.

Looking at the wait times for super visa and the continuing bad luck with parent sponshorship I am thinking to help her apply for super visa.

1. Is it allowed to submit an online super visa application while holding a valid TRV visitor visa
  2. I dont want her to do upfront medical given the wait times in India currently. When she gets request for medical from CIC can she do it in India?
  3. Or will it be better to do medical in india before visiting canada on visitor visa.
  4. If the request for passport comes would it be possible to get super visa stamped in canada on request instead of Delhi?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mother already has visitor visa and has done biometrics 2 years back to get that visa.

She is coming to visit me in Canada for 6 months and maybe extend to a year.

Looking at the wait times for super visa and the continuing bad luck with parent sponshorship I am thinking to help her apply for super visa.

1. Is it allowed to submit an online super visa application while holding a valid TRV visitor visa
  2. I dont want her to do upfront medical given the wait times in India currently. When she gets request for medical from CIC can she do it in India?
  3. Or will it be better to do medical in india before visiting canada on visitor visa.
  4. If the request for passport comes would it be possible to get super visa stamped in canada on request instead of Delhi?
1. yes
2. you can do a medical anywhere
3. She should send a webform indicating she is in Canada if she hasn't received the supervisa before coming back to Canada. She will need to leave Canada and reenter ro activate the supervisa. Do to covid glthat isn't easily done

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
thanks for replying @canuck78

So plan is -->

• she will put in the online application for super visa from india.
  • Take flight to canada on visitor visa.
  • If medical is requested for super visa app she will do it in canada.
  • Once super visa is approved she will fly back to india, send passport to delhi and get the super visa stamped
  • later fly back to canada on super visa next time she is visiting me

Does all this sound alright?

Last edited:

manudeep73

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Hi
I just applied for my parents super visa and the are in India . They have visitor visa but not done with biometrics . Now i got the biometric request but in India i think biometrics are opened for student and Family class. My question is that shouldi wait for biometrics or if anybody have any update regarding this please let me know
and second question is that does the processing be continue on file or the cic will wait for biometrics before going to next step ?
Thanks

abinavrameshs

Jul 14, 2019
I have a similar situation where my mom is in Canada on Visitor visa..She came to canada in June 2023, and can stay on visitor visa for 6 months (until Dec 2023). Her supervisa application was initiated on April 2023, while she was in India, and is still in progress. IRCC requested for medicals in Canada for her supervisa application, which will take another 2 months to get sorted (probably till Jan 2024) as the panel physician wants to perform additional tests on HIV etc.
1. Can she still stay in Canada on visitor visa for more than 6 months when her supervisa is in process?
2. If she cant stay for more than 6 months, what are the options available for her?
- Can she apply for an extension of stay under her visitor visa?
- Any other options?

My wife is pregnant and we would require additional support from my mother during this period.

Thanks for your response!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a similar situation where my mom is in Canada on Visitor visa..She came to canada in June 2023, and can stay on visitor visa for 6 months (until Dec 2023). Her supervisa application was initiated on April 2023, while she was in India, and is still in progress. IRCC requested for medicals in Canada for her supervisa application, which will take another 2 months to get sorted (probably till Jan 2024) as the panel physician wants to perform additional tests on HIV etc.
1. Can she still stay in Canada on visitor visa for more than 6 months when her supervisa is in process?
2. If she cant stay for more than 6 months, what are the options available for her?
- Any other options?

My wife is pregnant and we would require additional support from my mother during this period.

She needs to submit an extension of her stay (visitor record).

Reactions: abinavrameshs

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
- Any other options?

1. She doesn’t get implied status from the supervisa apllication but she can apply for an extension of her current stay. She can remain in Canada while she waits for the results of her test extension application.
2. If this her first extension then there is a good chance of approval. If denied there aren’t a ton of options. She can ask for reconsideration. If this is normal pregnancy there isn’t an actually need to be in Canada. If there is a medical need like being on strict bed rest 24/7 there may be more of a justification for needing family there especially if you are often out or town on business for example or have another child and your spouse has been a stay home parent or has more flexible work that has allowed her to pick up the child and have them at home after school or daycare. You would have to provide notes from you doctor plus detailed reason why you could not be the person helping you wife by cooking, cleaning, etc. after work and on weekends and why you need help and why finding help that you would have to pay for would be difficult. If the goal is to help during the labour and delivery and then in postpartum phase then your mother may consider returning home during the 1st or 2nd trimester of the pregnancy, spending a few months at home and then returning to Canada in the last part of the 3rd trimester may be a good option

Reactions: abinavrameshs