28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Need a confirmation. I'm a PR and have a single mother staying in India. I'm planning to raise a visitor visa for her but while that's in process I have heard about the super visa. Is there a way I can raise both together? What should be the process if I want to raise a super visa for her how long it takes and is it a right time to start her super visa? Your response is much appreciated.
They are two separate applications. Generally it only makes sense to apply for either one or the other, not both.

Do you meet the income requirements for the super visa and do you have a CRA NOA available to submit as evidence?

Reactions: dino888

dino888

Nov 2, 2021
They are two separate applications. Generally it only makes sense to apply for either one or the other, not both.

Do you meet the income requirements for the super visa and do you have a CRA NOA available to submit as evidence?
I have no idea about the super visa. But thinking which one would get faster I would like to go with that. Could you please let me know what CRA NOA means?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have no idea about the super visa. But thinking which one would get faster I would like to go with that. Could you please let me know what CRA NOA means?
CRA NOA is the notice of assessment you receive after you file your tax return in Canada. Have you filed a tax return in Canada? And do you meet the minimum income requirements to be a super visa sponsor?

_wanderer

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
My parents got PPR today for their Visitor Visa. Here is their timeline.

Applied on: 20th Sept 21 via Portal
Biometrics: 1st Nov 21
Biometrics accepted: 4th Nov 21
PPR: 4th Nov 21
Funds proof were not submitted for anyone
Applied from India
Both sons are living outside India
Strong ties - Submitted their property and pension docs
Wow. That was super fast. Congrats :)
I would have applied for VV with that turnaround.
Btw hw long did they give VV for? 6 months or shorter?

_wanderer

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

Need a confirmation. I'm a PR and have a single mother staying in India. I'm planning to raise a visitor visa for her but while that's in process I have heard about the super visa. Is there a way I can raise both together? What should be the process if I want to raise a super visa for her how long it takes and is it a right time to start her super visa? Your response is much appreciated.
VV allows your mother to stay for 6 months (with 'possibility' of extension) - less expensive since you don't need medical insurance (though taking one is advised with the healthcare cost).
SV allows for 2 yr stay. And as scylla said, you need to meet the requirements.

Hiten_patel

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Hi guys,

i had a question about super-visa if any one could please help me with it

So i just applied for my dad’s super visa yesterday and the processing time was 47 days and today when i checked the processing time it jumped to 613 days m so confused that will our application time be 47 or 613?

Please help me if you guys have any idea about it!

thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

So i just applied for my dad’s super visa yesterday and the processing time was 47 days and today when i checked the processing time it jumped to 613 days m so confused that will our application time be 47 or 613?

thanks
No difference.

47 or 613 are just estimates, anyways.

Reactions: Hiten_patel

xrypto

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Hi guys,

thanks
It is either an error or a drastic shift in the way they process the visas from India. Former seems more logical.

Reactions: Hiten_patel

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
Hi my friend applied on Dec 30 2021 but no BIL so far.
He applied as returning worker

Last edited: