+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa stay validity during multiple entries.

Jiganjali

Dec 27, 2016
Hi All,
My mother holding an Indian passport is currently in Canada. She is visiting Canada on a valid “super visa” (multiple entry PG-1 visitor visa). Her visa expiry date is August, 2026.

On the super visa, her first entry to Canada was on 30th March, 2017. At the first entry, her stay validity was stamped by CBSA as “PG-29 March, 2019”. However, she traveled back to India with me for family reasons on 4th February, 2018. She again re-entered Canada against the same PG-1 Visitor visa on 21st March, 2018. During her re-entry, the arrival stamped by CBSA did not indicated with the stay validity date. It is blank.

I have following questions:

1. What is the validity of stay from the date of re-entry of 21st March, 2018? Is this 2 year (max) that is 20th March, 2020? OR is that the same as stamped during first visit indicated as 29th March, 2019?

2. What is procedure for extending the stay in case of intended extended stay?

3. What is the maximum period for which this stay can be permitted after officially applying in advance prior to expiry date of stay?

4. What email address I can officially write this for obtaining clarity?

Your reply will help me in taking timely actions.

Thanks and regards,

JSM

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,
My mother holding an Indian passport is currently in Canada. She is visiting Canada on a valid “super visa” (multiple entry PG-1 visitor visa). Her visa expiry date is August, 2026.

On the super visa, her first entry to Canada was on 30th March, 2017. At the first entry, her stay validity was stamped by CBSA as “PG-29 March, 2019”. However, she traveled back to India with me for family reasons on 4th February, 2018. She again re-entered Canada against the same PG-1 Visitor visa on 21st March, 2018. During her re-entry, the arrival stamped by CBSA did not indicated with the stay validity date. It is blank.

1. What is the validity of stay from the date of re-entry of 21st March, 2018? Is this 2 year (max) that is 20th March, 2020? OR is that the same as stamped during first visit indicated as 29th March, 2019?

3. What is the maximum period for which this stay can be permitted after officially applying in advance prior to expiry date of stay?

Thanks and regards,

JSM
Hi

1. No handwritten date = 6 months. Her previous status ended when she left and she was assessed as a new visitor upon entering.

2. Google "canada extend stay".

3. Don't really understand what you are asking. There is no set maximum stay. It all depends on circumstances and the officer reviewing the app.

4. There isn't one.

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
My parents said they are staying for upto 2 years she said yes but didn’t stamp any date on the passport what does this mean

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Did your parents mentioned when they entered first time that they are staying 2 years ? Because first time they got stamped with the date but now they don’t stamp anyone with the dates

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
But why did CIC say two years and most of the lawyers said two years ?

And what did I do if I wanna keep them for 2 years ?
IRCC says UP TO 2 years. They will need to apply to extend their visitor status.

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
IRCC says UP TO 2 years. They will need to apply to extend their visitor status.
My friends parents came and they didn’t have any stamp and they stayed for 2 years and they came back again. But they didn’t have any issue with it nor they extended their stay. I’m so confused with sites and other information.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Arvinderjassi

Aug 5, 2018
Hi can somebody help me. I am trying to apply for my parents super visa. They are in India. If I apply online can I pay fees from my Canadian Bank accounts.

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
There is no "should". They get how long CBSA/IRCC gives them.
So if I request them 1.5 and they satisfy they can give me right ? It’s not only 1 year of max. Extension or something ? That’s what I wanted to confirm. Thanks for the prompt replies. Appreciate it

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So if I request them 1.5 and they satisfy they can give me right ? It’s not only 1 year of max. Extension or something ? That’s what I wanted to confirm. Thanks for the prompt replies. Appreciate it
You can request and they may give it.

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Hi All,

Thanks and regards,

JSM
Use webform or call in for answers to your questions.