+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa : Requested additional medical test after receiving the passport submission request

Deej

May 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I applied for SuperVisa for my mother (application submitted in July 2022), we recently submitted the passport to VFS Global for stamping and the status in the IRCC portal is now updated to "Application Approved" (as of 27/Feb/2023). We also received a message from VFS Global saying that the passport is dispatched (as of 27/Feb/2023) to the applicant. However, my mother received a call from CMM saying that she have to provide an additional blood work and suggested that the test should be done in 2 days.

We are confused on this additional test and CMM is not offering us any details (All they said is that if we need visa, we need to do blood test). I spoke to the IRCC agent and they say that they have no idea and have no details since the applications are processed in India and it is upto immigration officials in India to decide the next steps.

1. Anyone faced this situation where additional test is requested after the passport submission request and after the status shows "Application Approved" ?
2. Any insights on what this is about and is it better to submit blood test ? (or) can we ignore the call and proceed to making travel arrangements ?
3. We are still waiting for the passport to reach home, so confused on whether we should wait for the passport before doing blood test.

ahmad54354

Oct 30, 2022
I am in the same boat i applied supervisa for my parent at 12th april with upfrobt medical and today i recived a letter where they required additional medical information for my father ?

Any update on your side Deej ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in the same boat i applied supervisa for my parent at 12th april with upfrobt medical and today i recived a letter where they required additional medical information for my father ?

Any update on your side Deej ?
You must do the additional medical tests.