+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa - renewal

Feb 23, 2020
Folks,

I have a few question regarding the Super visa of my mother. I emailed the Canadian consulate in Islamabad but they pointed me to the Dubai office instead.

My mother currently holds a super visa expiring on 6 Jan 2021. Given the situation, I have a few questions:

1. When is the earliest possible date/month by which she can apply for a new super visa? Is it possible to do it now even though her super visa is still valid for another ~11 months?
2. Given her passport expires on 5 Aug 2024. It is highly likely that at the time of her new super visa application, passport might have less than 5 years to expiry. Will this limit her chances of obtaining a new super visa for 5 or 10 years or do you think the new visa will simply be till passport expiry?
3. In case, she renews her passport now to ensure 10 years of validity prior to a new super visa application. Would this render the existing super visa with ~11 months to go invalid? Could this potentially affect her ability to obtain a new super visa?

Thanks and appreciate your guidance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Folks,

I have a few question regarding the Super visa of my mother. I emailed the Canadian consulate in Islamabad but they pointed me to the Dubai office instead.

My mother currently holds a super visa expiring on 6 Jan 2021. Given the situation, I have a few questions:

1. When is the earliest possible date/month by which she can apply for a new super visa? Is it possible to do it now even though her super visa is still valid for another ~11 months?
2. Given her passport expires on 5 Aug 2024. It is highly likely that at the time of her new super visa application, passport might have less than 5 years to expiry. Will this limit her chances of obtaining a new super visa for 5 or 10 years or do you think the new visa will simply be till passport expiry?
3. In case, she renews her passport now to ensure 10 years of validity prior to a new super visa application. Would this render the existing super visa with ~11 months to go invalid? Could this potentially affect her ability to obtain a new super visa?

Thanks and appreciate your guidance!
1. She can certainly apply early. I would wait another couple of months.
2. Visa cannot be issued beyond the expiry date of her passport.
3. No - her existing super visa will not become invalid if she renews her passport. No - this won't have an impact on her ability to get a new super visa.

Feb 23, 2020
1. She can certainly apply early. I would wait another couple of months.
2. Visa cannot be issued beyond the expiry date of her passport.
3. No - her existing super visa will not become invalid if she renews her passport. No - this won't have an impact on her ability to get a new super visa.
The Pakistani passport office informed us that if we renew her passport now with almost 4 years to expiry; all her existing visas (unexpired) will be invalidated.
So, you are recommending me to renew her passport for 10 years prior to applying for new visas, right? Thanks btw