+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Refused Purpose of Visit

Nov 18, 2023
Hello forum experts,

After extensive research and attempting to submit a very thorough and complete application, I unfortunately recently received a refusal letter on my super visa application for my mom, nothing was flagged except the following:

"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

Here is the purpose section of my invitation letter which was reviewed by the officer:

"We would like to invite my mother to visit us in Canada on Super Visa from December 15, 2023 to July 19, 2024. The purpose of her visit will be to spend time with us here in Canada, see other extended family, and also do sightseeing around Canada.

My wife and my mother especially have never been able to spend time together, and would like to get to know each other. My wife's family residing here in Canada would also like to meet her in person.

My mother also has her only two siblings, her two brothers, residing in Canada as Canadian Citizens. This visit will also allow her to reconnect with them after a very long time and see them.

We would also like to show her around Canada, particularly we would like to visit British Columbia with her for sight seeing, and also see extended family and cousins residing in Vancouver."

I did also include a "ties to home country" section in my letter speaking of my father and sisters whom my mother will eventually need to return too, and lack of ties to home country were not flagged in the refusal letter either.

I plan to reapply with a new update which is that my wife and I are now expecting a baby and would like my mother to visit and see and spend time with the baby. Although I have seen discussed on this forum that this could come off as getting free childcare from your visiting parent who is not authorized to work, so appreciate how I can best word this as well.

The visa office was Abu Dhabi in this case, I have requested GCMS notes and will share these as well once received.

I am extremely disappointed and confused as to the reason for this refusal and would greatly appreciate the members' guidance and thoughts so I can best prepare for applying again.

Sandy1310

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
Hi
I know its frustrated but If your wife is expecting then your mom will definitely get a visa this time. Make sure to attach the documents from doctor. This is a good time to apply. They wont say no this time. Good luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello forum experts,

After extensive research and attempting to submit a very thorough and complete application, I unfortunately recently received a refusal letter on my super visa application for my mom, nothing was flagged except the following:

"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

Here is the purpose section of my invitation letter which was reviewed by the officer:

"We would like to invite my mother to visit us in Canada on Super Visa from December 15, 2023 to July 19, 2024. The purpose of her visit will be to spend time with us here in Canada, see other extended family, and also do sightseeing around Canada.

My wife and my mother especially have never been able to spend time together, and would like to get to know each other. My wife's family residing here in Canada would also like to meet her in person.

My mother also has her only two siblings, her two brothers, residing in Canada as Canadian Citizens. This visit will also allow her to reconnect with them after a very long time and see them.

We would also like to show her around Canada, particularly we would like to visit British Columbia with her for sight seeing, and also see extended family and cousins residing in Vancouver."

I did also include a "ties to home country" section in my letter speaking of my father and sisters whom my mother will eventually need to return too, and lack of ties to home country were not flagged in the refusal letter either.

I plan to reapply with a new update which is that my wife and I are now expecting a baby and would like my mother to visit and see and spend time with the baby. Although I have seen discussed on this forum that this could come off as getting free childcare from your visiting parent who is not authorized to work, so appreciate how I can best word this as well.

The visa office was Abu Dhabi in this case, I have requested GCMS notes and will share these as well once received.

I am extremely disappointed and confused as to the reason for this refusal and would greatly appreciate the members' guidance and thoughts so I can best prepare for applying again.
Hi
I know its frustrated but If your wife is expecting then your mom will definitely get a visa this time. Make sure to attach the documents from doctor. This is a good time to apply. They wont say no this time. Good luck
Proof that you are expecting is not necessary and just creates more ties to Canada which is bad. Also waste of your funds and doctors time paying for a doctors letter. You should order GCMS notes to see the reasons for refusal and try to address the reasons in your next application. Unless your sister is under 22 she would not be viewed as a tie for your mother. Your mother has so many family members in Canada that it is likely creating stronger ties to Canada than her home country.