+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super-visa refused for Mother- Need advice

sandra.velosa

Dec 6, 2018
Hi,

In my opinion the biggest issue here was you were deceitful. Not disclosing that her visa was denied in the states can be seen as misrepresentation and as someone said earlier they can ban her from entering.
Essentially, you can re-apply but, you will have to have a very strong submission letter addressing the issues they have brought forward and provide further evidence to ensure her return. Perhaps have a legal representative compose the letter on your behalf because, once an application is denied it is harder to obtain it . However, not impossible.

Best of luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

In my opinion the biggest issue here was you were deceitful. Not disclosing that her visa was denied in the states can be seen as misrepresentation and as someone said earlier they can ban her from entering.
Essentially, you can re-apply but, you will have to have a very strong submission letter addressing the issues they have brought forward and provide further evidence to ensure her return. Perhaps have a legal representative compose the letter on your behalf because, once an application is denied it is harder to obtain it . However, not impossible.

Best of luck!
No need for a lawyer. Mother already got lucky and didn't receive a ban. A mother who is likely a widow has her only son in Canada and seems to not have any close family in Pakistan. Do you have a sister? Does she live in Pakistan? CIC is very aware of cultural practices so anticipates that a mother will move in with her son. 65K isn't a lot as combined salary. Do you have children? I am surprised that you didn't apply for supervisa last year. Did you not meet LICO?

faheem49

Apr 30, 2019
If you can't even convince us that she will return to Pakistan, your chances of convincing IRCC are slim.

You tell us - will she return to Pakistan, or will she stay with you for good?

Yes, she will come back to Pakistan because benefits payable to her every month from Pakistan Army provided her residence, and also she has a property and sufficient bank balance to take care of it.

This is the reason in my mind that I can mention when I will re-apply the visa, do you think what could be the other reason?

faheem49

Apr 30, 2019
If you can't even convince us that she will return to Pakistan, your chances of convincing IRCC are slim.

You tell us - will she return to Pakistan, or will she stay with you for good?

Yes, she will come back to her home because she is getting pension benefits payable to her every month from Pakistan Army provided her residence stays in PAKISTAN. Also she has a decent amount in the bank and property as well, so there is no one who can take care of assets.

This is the reason in my mind that I will mention, do you think any other reason which can be mention? Thank you

faheem49

Apr 30, 2019
No need for a lawyer. Mother already got lucky and didn't receive a ban. A mother who is likely a widow has her only son in Canada and seems to not have any close family in Pakistan. Do you have a sister? Does she live in Pakistan? CIC is very aware of cultural practices so anticipates that a mother will move in with her son. 65K isn't a lot as combined salary. Do you have children? I am surprised that you didn't apply for supervisa last year. Did you not meet LICO?

No I don't have any sisters, yes she lives in Pakistan with the nephew family, Yes that's correct 65K is a family income and we don't have any children yet. I was waiting for my PR card, I received the PR at the end of March 2019., after that, I applied for the super-visa.

What would you advise, regarding the ties and what can I mention so they can know that she will be back home after visit?

faheem49

Apr 30, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I received the letter from immigration to submit my mother's passport on Sep 16th, 2019 after the medical, the passport was submitted on Sept 17th, 2019 in VFS Lahore, Pakistan. I have tried contacting VFS office Pakistan numerous times and they said the delay is from Islamabad High Commission. I sent an email to Islamabad Immigration (islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and isbad@international.gc.ca) and the email response instructed that processing of Temporary Resident and Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) applications have been shifted to Abu Dhabi. I sent an email to the Abu Dhabi office (ABDBIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca) on Oct 28th, 2019 but no reply from there as well.

I have submitted the IRCC Webform Case-Specific Inquiry form, but no reply from them. I have called to MP a few days ago to check the status of my mother's super visa application. He informed me eligibility, security/criminality has been passed but still, the application is under process and the decision has not to be made yet and it needs more verification and also he said this application is NON-ROUTINE which has no timelines it depends on visa officer what he will take the decision.

Does anyone go through with the same procedure or any idea how can we make it faster in order to collect the passport with a positive decision?

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to any help.

@k.h.p. @21Goose @canuck78 @myra20sharma @canuck_in_uk @scylla @Adil Sulehri

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Everyone,

I received the letter from immigration to submit my mother's passport on Sep 16th, 2019 after the medical, the passport was submitted on Sept 17th, 2019 in VFS Lahore, Pakistan. I have tried contacting VFS office Pakistan numerous times and they said the delay is from Islamabad High Commission. I sent an email to Islamabad Immigration (islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and isbad@international.gc.ca) and the email response instructed that processing of Temporary Resident and Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) applications have been shifted to Abu Dhabi. I sent an email to the Abu Dhabi office (ABDBIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca) on Oct 28th, 2019 but no reply from there as well.

I have submitted the IRCC Webform Case-Specific Inquiry form, but no reply from them. I have called to MP a few days ago to check the status of my mother's super visa application. He informed me eligibility, security/criminality has been passed but still, the application is under process and the decision has not to be made yet and it needs more verification and also he said this application is NON-ROUTINE which has no timelines it depends on visa officer what he will take the decision.

Does anyone go through with the same procedure or any idea how can we make it faster in order to collect the passport with a positive decision?

There is nothing you can do to speed it up. All you can do is wait.

Reactions: faheem49

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

There is no way to speed up the processing of the application. If anything, you should be expecting longer processing times than normal.

Reactions: faheem49

faheem49

Apr 30, 2019
Hello, I hope all is doing well. My mother collect the passport from VFS office, visa is stamped but there is a stamp on visa which says "Cancelled without prejudice | Visa Section | Islamabad - Pakistan". What should I do now? Is there anywhere I can appeal for this case and ask for the visa to be re-issued? I applied for the GCMC Notes which takes 30 days to respond back.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I hope all is doing well. My mother collect the passport from VFS office, visa is stamped but there is a stamp on visa which says "Cancelled without prejudice | Visa Section | Islamabad - Pakistan". What should I do now? Is there anywhere I can appeal for this case and ask for the visa to be re-issued? I applied for the GCMC Notes which takes 30 days to respond back.

Think I missed something. Did you reapply for a supervisa? You have not been banned but you still don’t have the supervisa. The fact that you only arrived in 2019 only came out after my posts. Given you applied so soon after moving CIC had valid concerns that your mother was trying to move to Canada with you which seems likely what you want. Would suggest you take a break from applying after your 2 refusals. I comes across as desperation which adds to concerns that she will stay in Canada permanently. Work, establish yourself and at least wait until you have your first NOA.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
something doesn't make sense, do they ask for passports up front or did they ask for a passport only to stamp cancel on it?

does this have something to do with her military service?