+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa refuse

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Steaky! Thank you for your response. CIC refused my parents' visa on following grounds:
- No travel history
- Strong ties to Canada
- Purpose of Visit

Its true my parents did not travel anywhere out of country . So, dont know how to address this issue.
In terms of ties, my parents have 3 daughters: one if my sister is in US but my elder sister is still in Nepal and she is very close with my parents. My mother owns property of very decent amount (valued approx- $590,000) and also I showed CAD 23,000 bank balance of my mother.
I stated purpose to visit is to have a together time and to show her around. I also stated that now I own a house here so we could live comfortably for the duration of their stay. What purpose is enough purpose if parents wants to see their children after over 5 years is not an enough purpose.
I included my and my husband's NOA, employment letter for my husband and myself, Medical insurance for 1 year for both, invitation letter, letter of financial promise., property valuation for my parents and their bank balance.

Surprising timeline was so fast though- Applied on Jan 25, Biometric request on 26 Jan , biometrics completed on 29th Jan and refusal on Feb 3. Total processing time- 9 days including weekends . WOW !
I really want to bring them here for visit, please help what can i do.
did you apply for a supervisa or TRV?

Dreamer1

Feb 4, 2020
same thing
I got the notes : it says that due to my immigration history of refugee status, my parents are refused. They dont think my parents are genuine visitor and will not return back. But the point is ; I had threat for my life back then and my parents had nothing to do with it. They are still there with no issue and they are genuine visitor. I really want to bring them here to visit me. Can someone advise how can I reapply? What should I do to improve chance of getting supervisa. Any help will be greatly appreciated

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got the notes : it says that due to my immigration history of refugee status, my parents are refused. They dont think my parents are genuine visitor and will not return back. But the point is ; I had threat for my life back then and my parents had nothing to do with it. They are still there with no issue and they are genuine visitor. I really want to bring them here to visit me. Can someone advise how can I reapply? What should I do to improve chance of getting supervisa. Any help will be greatly appreciated
You didn’t mention that you had claimed asylum? How ling has it been since you claimed asylum and became a protected person? Unfortunately there will always be difficulties visiting Canada for family members of asylum seekers. There will be concern that family members will also claim asylum because many have gone on to claim asylum as well. Many family members are at risk because of their family members involvement in things like a political party or protests. The fact that you have another sibling in the US creates more ties to a North America than to your home country. You can certainly try to explain why they would have no basis for an asylum claim and explain their ties to their home country. The longer the time from the asylum claim the better the chances and if there has been a well publicized change in conditions in the country that will also help. In many cases families have to try to qualify for PGP eventually.

Dreamer1

Feb 4, 2020
It’s almost 5 years since I applied refugee. And the reason was a personal threat. Not directly related to politics or protests. Also the situation has improved since. And in terms of ties, they have substantial amount of property valued over $550,000 and bank balance of over $23k and my elder sister, niece whom my parents love a lot. Do you think any of those may help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It’s almost 5 years since I applied refugee. And the reason was a personal threat. Not directly related to politics or protests. Also the situation has improved since. And in terms of ties, they have substantial amount of property valued over $550,000 and bank balance of over $23k and my elder sister, niece whom my parents love a lot. Do you think any of those may help.
5 years is a short amount of time when CICis looking at when a family member has claimed asylum. It is a good thing to own property but having property and one child and a grandchild are not a huge amount of ties. You can certainly explain why your reason for asylum would not impact them. Have they travelled internationally before to countries like Australia, US, Europe, etc.?

Dreamer1

Feb 4, 2020
5 years is a short amount of time when CICis looking at when a family member has claimed asylum. It is a good thing to own property but having property and one child and a grandchild are not a huge amount of ties. You can certainly explain why your reason for asylum would not impact them. Have they travelled internationally before to countries like Australia, US, Europe, etc.?
Unfortunately they have not travelled anywhere outside of their home country. My reason then is really not impacting any of my family members.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately they have not travelled anywhere outside of their home country. My reason then is really not impacting any of my family members.
You can certainly explain that but the fact that your other sibling lives in the US creates a lot of ties to North America. Have you received your citizenship yet? Have they applied for a US visa? A trip to the US would be a good start to building up their travel history and they could visit one child and hopefully you as well if you can get a US visa.

Dreamer1

Feb 4, 2020
I have applied for my citizenship. They have not applied for US. I have US visa and was there 2 times already

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have applied for my citizenship. They have not applied for US. I have US visa and was there 2 times already
Would suggest that building up some international travel experience to a country with si I,ar visa requirements to Canada may help eventually secure a supervisa.