+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Refusal

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
I applied for my parents' supervisa on Feb 4th and received refusal today.

The reason was:

PG-1 LICO requirements not met. Host in
Canada did not provide notice of assessment or T4's as proof of income

I did provide an employment letter with income and pay checks for last 3 months. On the requirement list, it showed a list with bunch of documents that I could upload and I uploaded my employment letter and paycheck. However, I didn't upload the T4 because I was a student for the 2022 period and I haven't filed taxes for 2023 yet. I meet the LICO for my 2023 period but I do not have a T4 or NOA to prove it as I didn't receive it yet. What are my options? Can I submit all my paychecks for 12 months of 2023 to prove that my gross income meets LICO?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

The reason was:

I did provide an employment letter with income and pay checks for last 3 months. On the requirement list, it showed a list with bunch of documents that I could upload and I uploaded my employment letter and paycheck. However, I didn't upload the T4 because I was a student for the 2022 period and I haven't filed taxes for 2023 yet. I meet the LICO for my 2023 period but I do not have a T4 or NOA to prove it as I didn't receive it yet. What are my options? Can I submit all my paychecks for 12 months of 2023 to prove that my gross income meets LICO?
Your T4 should be available very soon. Wait for the T4.

Reactions: iamarvnd

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

The reason was:

IRCC wants T4s. So resubmit with those documents when you have it. It is Feb 13 so you should have T4 within next week or so If not ask company for it.

Reactions: iamarvnd

gurgur

Jan 6, 2024

The reason was:

Did you attach the paystub or the check?
I am in the same boat. I applied for my mother on Feb 5th and attached only december 2023 paystub.

gurgur

Jan 6, 2024
Hi, I applied for my mother supervisa on Feb 5th.
I attached December 2023 paystub to show my income to meet LICO.
I also attached my employer letter.
I do not have Noa or T4 for 2023 yet.
Question: attaching Dec 2023 paystub is enough to show my income?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

The reason was:

NOA is actually the preferred evidence so would submit that instead

ViceVersa

Feb 5, 2024
A couple others have mentioned it, but IRCC likely wants to see either your T4 or NOA as the stronger proof of income. Since you just applied in February, I'd get in touch with them to explain your situation and see if providing pay stubs for now will suffice, or if they need you to wait until your T4/NOA is ready to re-submit. It can't hurt to check! With any luck, submitting stubs for now may be okay given the early timeline. Hopefully you can get this sorted soon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A couple others have mentioned it, but IRCC likely wants to see either your T4 or NOA as the stronger proof of income. Since you just applied in February, I'd get in touch with them to explain your situation and see if providing pay stubs for now will suffice, or if they need you to wait until your T4/NOA is ready to re-submit. It can't hurt to check! With any luck, submitting stubs for now may be okay given the early timeline. Hopefully you can get this sorted soon.
LICO is based on income earned in Canada not salary which is why T4 and NOA is the preferred proof. IRCC receives a huge volume of applications and emails. There is no point in contacting them to ask about whether pay stubs will suffice. You likely will be denied before you receive a response. Best plan would be to wait a month or two and submit a much stronger application.

gurgur

Jan 6, 2024
Medical passed 17 feb.
The paystubs I attached does have my year to date gross income earned. I think my paystub will be enough to meet LICO because gross income year to date amount from paystub will go on T4 anyways.
Noa is made from T4.
T4 is made from paystub.
That is why I used paystub.
I will keep it posted here wheather I get ppr or refusal letter.

gurgur

Jan 6, 2024
Medical passed 17 feb.
The paystubs I attached does have my year to date gross income earned. I think my paystub will be enough to meet LICO because gross income year to date amount from paystub will go on T4 anyways.
Noa is made from T4.
T4 is made from paystub.
That is why I used paystub.
I will keep it posted here wheather I get ppr or refusal letter.
Got a request letter to upload noa 2022. Which I just submitted

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY

The reason was:

Hi all,

I have an update on this. So after receiving a refusal that explicitly mentions that I did not attach a T4 or NOA, I contacted them through web form. I attached a letter of explanation along with the paychecks for the 12 months of 2023, which provides my gross income for 2023. In my letter, I addressed the paystubs and the amounts along with a genuine request to reconsider the case. Luckily and surprisingly, the case was reopened on the same day, a few hours after I submitted the web form. An hour later, I also received an approval notification with a Passport Request Letter.

gurgur

Jan 6, 2024
Hi all,

I have an update on this. So after receiving a refusal that explicitly mentions that I did not attach a T4 or NOA, I contacted them through web form. I attached a letter of explanation along with the paychecks for the 12 months of 2023, which provides my gross income for 2023. In my letter, I addressed the paystubs and the amounts along with a genuine request to reconsider the case. Luckily and surprisingly, the case was reopened on the same day, a few hours after I submitted the web form. An hour later, I also received an approval notification with a Passport Request Letter.
Congratulations!
Can you share your timeliness please?