+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa questions

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for a super visa for my mom. I have some questions and I was hopping I could get some answers.

1)What is the estimate time when you apply online?(the website will not give me an estimate time due to biometrics and medica exams.)
2)It is unknown when my mom would come to Canada we just want to apply for in case is needed. Can we still apply?
3)How would I proceed with the insurance in that case since I do not know the time she would be here?

Thank you in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for a super visa for my mom. I have some questions and I was hopping I could get some answers.

1)What is the estimate time when you apply online?(the website will not give me an estimate time due to biometrics and medica exams.)
2)It is unknown when my mom would come to Canada we just want to apply for in case is needed. Can we still apply?
3)How would I proceed with the insurance in that case since I do not know the time she would be here?

Thank you in advance
1 Depends on the location, whether additional medical tests are required, etc.
2. yes
3. you purchase insurance and when traveling the company starts the coverage.

KSDL80

Jul 12, 2017
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance
Hi,
1) processing timed depends on the country your mom is residing.
2) You will need to know expected arrival date to buy insurance for her. But Super Visa is valid for 10 years, so she can come anytime within the visa validity period of 10 years.
3) You need to purchase insurance which covered a minimum CAD 100,000 for 1 year . Insurance company will issue the policy starting from the date of arrival you mentioned. In case, your mom could not come by the date you said for insurance policy, you can call them in advance, they will fully refund. I think you can also do date change of your policy. I would suggest you clarify with the insurance company before you purchase the policy.

All the best