+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Questions

omek07

Oct 18, 2013
Victoria, BC
IRCC decides how long the visa length will be based on a few factors but you are given up to 2 years to stay in Canada once you land.

The question they are asking is how long do your parents want to stay between 0 to 2 years to determine if a TRV or a supervisa is more appropriate. If your parents say 2 years it will be determined whether they get approved for a supervisa. You have no say about how long the visa will last. Your parents should not have a passport that expires soon because that will influence the length of the visa.

Thank you for your answer,

I know that i don't have no say about the how long. My parents just renewed their Passports and are valid for 5 years.

Is there any possibility that they give them 5 years Super Visa even if we put in the application 2 years ?

I know that in every visit my parents can stay up to 2 years, but the part that it confuses me is that they are saying that the Super Visa can last up to 10 years or the validity of the passport. So can i put in the question 5 years ( Passport validity) or just 2 years ?

Is the how long that they are gonna give them Super Visa and the How long they plan to stay in Canada 2 different things ?

omek07

Oct 18, 2013
Victoria, BC
Hello again,

My in laws submit their application in August 2nd, next day they sent them an email that they have to do their biometrics. In august 5th they went and gave theirs biometrics and a day after they sent to my Father in law that he has to pay again his Biometrics ,

that means that they didn't accept his Biometrics ?

And another question, when they submit their application they asked only money for the Biometrics and not for the application fees . Is that normal ?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello again,

My in laws submit their application in August 2nd, next day they sent them an email that they have to do their biometrics. In august 5th they went and gave theirs biometrics and a day after they sent to my Father in law that he has to pay again his Biometrics ,

that means that they didn't accept his Biometrics ?

And another question, when they submit their application they asked only money for the Biometrics and not for the application fees . Is that normal ?
You should contact IRCC via web form if your parents have already paid the biometric fee. You should also pay the application fee.

omek07

Oct 18, 2013
Victoria, BC
You should contact IRCC via web form if your parents have already paid the biometric fee. You should also pay the application fee.

Hello my friend thank you for your answer .

Is there any possibility to point me where to find this form ? Thank you .

Edit:
I found it thank you

Do I have to pay the application fee before they asked me to pay it ?

If yes how I can pay it before ?

Last edited:

omek07

Oct 18, 2013
Victoria, BC
Hello,

Today my in-laws got their Final answer but we are very confused.

In the int the Final decision Says
  • September 3, 2019 Your application was withdrawn. Check your messages below for details.
the weird thing is that in the Withdrawal Letter says that their application has been approved !!!!

I don't understand why they have "Your application was withdrawn".

Do they use the withdrawn with another meaning ?

We never asked to withdrawn our application.

If lets say that this is problem of the System and my inlaws are approved do they have to send their passports ?

Last edited: