+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - One way Ticket or Two way?

pras_tcs

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Hi All,
My MIL received her Super Visa recently. I am planning to book the Flight tickets in Oct or Nov. I want to know If I can simply book One way ticket for her as she will be staying here for at least 1 to 2 year. Does the Airlines allow her to board the flight in this case? Will she face any questions from the Immigration officers at port of entry? Thanks in advance for your responses

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,
My MIL received her Super Visa recently. I am planning to book the Flight tickets in Oct or Nov. I want to know If I can simply book One way ticket for her as she will be staying here for at least 1 to 2 year. Does the Airlines allow her to board the flight in this case? Will she face any questions from the Immigration officers at port of entry? Thanks in advance for your responses
Yes - you can book a one way ticket.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just to add it is not possible anyway to buy an airline ticket with a return date greater than approx 11-12 months from date of purchase.

Shakilasubba

Aug 28, 2019
Hi it depends on airline my in laws were not allowed to board flight until they got return ticket it was a hassle with cathy pacific plz find out with flight you book

ankit90

Oct 25, 2017
Hi All,
Hi
What did you showed in purpose of visit part?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Yes it was their first entry traveling from kolkata. We had to book return ticket show them proof than they were allowed to board the flight
That's really unusual because you can have 2 years upon first entry. My inlaws came with one way, air Canada.

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
This is from some post
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

While airlines are able to issue one-way tickets to long term temporary residents, such as Super Visa holders, students or workers and their dependants holding the appropriate visas, and there is no regulation preventing admission to Canada of a visa holder travelling on a one way ticket to Canada, it is the decision of the airline whether to allow a passenger to travel to a particular destination on a one-way ticket or to require that the passenger obtain a return ticket.

The High Commission of Canada does not have the authority to direct airlines to issue particular types of tickets in particular circumstances.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.
Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration 6
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde